Your favourite drink ?

peach_cruise

I'm never cruise before. I have read many review of frozen drink,cocktail and cafe al bacio in celebrity cruise. i will go with celebrity solstice to alaska in august and I have premium alcohol package. So I want to know

1. your favourite drink (that my package cover) and where I can get it?

2. celebrity solstice have Slush bar or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm never cruise before. I have read many review of frozen drink,cocktail and cafe al bacio in celebrity cruise. i will go with celebrity solstice to alaska in august and I have premium alcohol package. So I want to know

1. your favourite drink (that my package cover) and where I can get it?

2. celebrity solstice have Slush bar or not?

My favorite if from the World Class Bar, The Buck Stops Here.

My favourite is the bali hai - covered on the classic package. I never found a drink that wasn't included in the classic package so didn't need to upgrade to premium. The solstice doesn't have a slush bar as such but uses a machine to make individual slushie drinks - such as the bali hai. I think it actually would save them money as a lot of the cocktails were more slushie (made on ice) than drink. Even though the bartenders never seem to measure the alcohol and are very generous with it!. These machines are I think at all bars except Martini Bar and maybe world class bar?

Wow. It's not the food that adds the pounds.

Yep! Sometimes I count my after dinner drink as dessert - just to offset the calories a bit. (But only when I'm feeling disciplined... but day 2 that feeling tends to go away :D )

I fell in love with a Mexican Coffee on our last cruise. The waiter brought one for my sister-in-law to try when she asked for Turkish coffee (I know they are nothing like each other - he just didn't have what she wanted and thought to offer something else.) After that, we all had to order one every night after dinner... as noted above, some nights I actually did pass on dessert and just have the Mexican Coffee. Delicious!

Bloody Caesar..the National Drink of Canada...invented in Calgary in 1969. Over 250 Million Caesars are consumed annually.

My variation:

Tall glass, salt/pepper the rim. Start with four ice cubes, a double (or triple) shot of Grey Goose Vodka. 12 shakes of Tabasco sauce, 6 shakes of Worcestershire Sauce, squeeze the juice of four lime wedges, then add four slices of lime. Add the Motts Clamato Juice and top off with an inside stalk of celery stick.

mmmmm good!!

Edited by CANDYAPPLE

I tried to work my way through the alcoholic coffees at al bacio-- I never could do it 'cause I couldn't get past the aspen and just kept ordering that!

You got stuck on the Aspen - I started at the other end of the alphabet & got stuck on the Venetian... Of course we were on our way to Venice @ the time, maybe that had something to do with it :)

Frozen aspen at Al Bacio or lemon drop martini (only from the martini bar!)

A few years ago while cruising, (in the R Bar on Freedom of the Seas), I discovered that I absolutely LOVE lemon drop martinis. Then last year sailed with X for the first time and saw the Martini Bar on Connie, and was over the top excited to have a bar dedicated to my new favorite type of drink! Throughout the cruise, I probably tried them all, but the lemon drop is still my favorite.

What is a Frozen Aspen?