Info on Equinox please

Marie51

We are thinking about booking the equinox and I would like to know the difference between balcony cabins 2d and 2b. The rate for Cat 2d seems to be less so I'm wondering if those are obstructed views?

Also I am a diamond member on Royal Caribbean so what perks do I get on a celebrity ship? I've tried to look it up but it seems very confusing. Thanks for your help

Diamond on Royal gives you the benefits of Elite on Celebrity. Go the the X website-Captains Club for a full list of benefits. Be sure to contact the Crown & Anchor folks or the Captains Club folks to get you set up with your Captains Club number.

2d is an obstructed view cabin. 2b is not obstructed.

As Elite you will get a one category upgrade for most cabin classes. So book a 1b and pay for a 1C. We have stayed on deck 6 twice on the Equinox and only obstructed view was directly down to the water line, views straight ahead were fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Forums mobile app

Edited by oneputt18

Diamond on Royal gives you the benefits of Elite on Celebrity. Go the the X website-Captains Club for a full list of benefits. Be sure to contact the Crown & Anchor folks or the Captains Club folks to get you set up with your Captains Club number.

2d is an obstructed view cabin. 2b is not obstructed.

n

What about Diamond Plus?

We've been in both 2D and 2B cabins (and others as well). I prefer the slant on the hump (6210 - 2D, 6240 - 2C) and both have very very little obstruction as well as x-large balconies. However, I have stayed in 6218 - 2B as well and that was an excellent location and absolutely zero obstruction.

The 2D category will have a tender boat below which will come up to about the top of the balcony railing when sitting down. You can search for the available rooms and try to get one between the two davits if the slant cabins are not available. The further away from the hump cabins you get, the more obstruction you will have looking either forward or aft. They are still great cabins as far as I am concerned.

The 2C category will have the smaller life boats below and they will come up to the bottom of your balcony floor so not obstruction unless looking straight down. The 2C cabins at the very aft sections of the ship also have larger balconies and are only obstructed by the roof of the restaurants below, which sometimes have a crew member to clean on the other side of your balcony ... but it is rare you will see one while you are out at sea enjoying your balcony. Because of our captain's club upgrade, we most often sail in this category. 6240 as well as 6242 have a white noise aspect to them ... the sound of a ship's engine or fan. It could be rather loud when in the bathroom but not at all audible from the balcony. Because my DH and I love white noise, 6240 is one of our favorite rooms.

The 2B cabins have no obstruction and ones on the flat part of the hump book rather quickly ... as do those cabins on the slant. Sometimes you get lucky, though. These are usually at a higher cost than the 2D or 2C cabins. 6218, which was right across from the internet cafe ... yet, we never were bothered by any noise in that cabin. Once in awhile, somebody would raise their voices while having a conversation right outside the internet cafe ... and then you could hear them but that could happen anywhere on the ship if people decided to have a conversation right outside your door.

We aware that the smoking section is on deck 5 midship port side ... so you may want to book the starboard side IF smoke wafting up onto your balcony bothers you.

As Elite you will get a one category upgrade for most cabin classes. So book a 1b and pay for a 1C. We have stayed on deck 6 twice on the Equinox and only obstructed view was directly down to the water line, views straight ahead were fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Forums mobile app

We did this for our August cruise on the Equinox, paid for a 2d but booked a 2c, 6240 and 6242. We're hoping the view isn't too bad, I tried to find some pics online but nothing that really showed the view. I figured a bigger balcony was worth it tho.

We did this for our August cruise on the Equinox, paid for a 2d but booked a 2c, 6240 and 6242. We're hoping the view isn't too bad, I tried to find some pics online but nothing that really showed the view. I figured a bigger balcony was worth it tho.

The view is not bad at all ... I mean really not bad. There is very little obstruction. You won't be able to see all the way forward but looking out and aft, you will have no issue. I loved the larger balcony to boot. The balcony on 6240 is a bit larger than the one in 6242. One of my favorite rooms on the ship.

These may help,

IMG_0206.jpg.9517db31a4c3db3c347bf17a8396bd04.jpg

IMG_3737.jpg.59e9599d5d7f3400cebeb9484a252714.jpg

IMG_3938.jpg.d73611007e174d7ee536c71b215f24f9.jpg