Which Princess ship?

BoPippy

Which Princess ship is the fanciest and all round best in your opinions?The one that stands out the most as being the best in the fleet?:)The one with the biggest WOW factor.

Hi there,

Not a simple thing to answer, the crew make a big difference to your overall cruise, then the weather, fellow cruisers, the ports of call.

So my answer is all ships can be the best. But some ships are better for some ports/cruises than others.

yours Shogun

I reckon that Diamond & Sapphire are the best.

You have to discount Caribbean, as it is identical to Golden, Grand & Star, but with more guests squeezed in with an extra deck of cabins, while the dining rooms and theatre remain the same size. For the same reason, you have to discount Crown, Ruby and Emerald.

Then again, I've got a soft spot for Sea and Sun..... I like the bar at the stern with the sheltered pool & hot tubs.

I've never been on the small (ex Renaissance) ships, but I've heard a lot of good comments... but I don't see them as Princess ships, because they were not designed for Princess, and they could carry the flag of any Carnival brand.

Certainly I would say that the Mitsubishi-built pair of "Gem" class ships are a distinct step better than the "Grand" class ships, without suffering the crowding of the Fincantieri-built "Gem" class ships with their extra deck.

On the other hand, we found the crew on Crown Princess to be the best we have experienced!

You're going to get A LOT of different answers.

Some will go for the Pacific/Royal/Tahitian. As former 'R' vessels, their interiors have a decidedly differernt feel from most Princess ships, with lots of dark woods and a sort of 'country club' feel to them.

Some will pick Crown/Ruby/Emerald, as they're the newest and flashiest in a classy way.

Some will probably pick Coral & Island, as they aren't quite as big as the Grand Class but still have the ability to wow.

If you're trying to choose a ship, I'd go to the Princess Ship's page on their website, and view the virtual tours that have just been added in each ship (they're hiding under the 'Public Rooms & Amenities' links on each ship's page. That way you can see for yourself which one you like best!

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/

Which Princess ship is the fanciest and all round best in your opinions?The one that stands out the most as being the best in the fleet?:)The one with the biggest WOW factor.
One thing you will find with Princess is the ships have a fair degree of uniformity, especially with crew and service - and all of it is good. The biggest Wow factor comes from where you are as a passenger and what really impresses you.

For instance I found the tiered seating around the pool with MUTS on the Emerald Princess to be a wow factor. Others may not. I find the Vista lounge on Sun class and Grand Princess to be really neat, and the Club Fusion use of the same space on Emerald Princess to be not as wow factor. The intimate feeling of Pacific Princess II was a wow factor - with all the amenities of the bigger ships but in a smaller package. The Island Princess had a great blend of Sun Class and Grand class features, wtih better forward to aft passenger flow.

Some things are more subtle Wow factors - like the head chef we first encountered on Pacific Princess then again on one of the biggest ships - he was German and had the best and tastiest variations on the standard Princess baseline menus. (I just wish I could remember his name right now).

So really ALL the Princess ships have Wow factors - take your choice.

Since there's no designation as "best in the fleet, the best ship is the one you're on.

I don't think any Princess ship has a "Wow!" factor because for the most part, they are designed to be elegant and tasteful. You won't see much, if any, eye candy. Their dining rooms are not two-story and the tables are arranged in sections to give you a more intimate atmosphere rather than feeling as though you're in an auditorium. The atrium is smaller than on other cruiselines but IMHO, that gives you more space for lounges and places for passengers to go.

It really depends on your definition of "Wow!" and what impresses you. When I was on the Royal Princess and walked into the library, I said, "WOW!" It's unlike any library I've ever seen on a ship and in my opinion, is gorgeous.

I also don't think any one ship stands out since all of the ships have sister ships or are among a group of ships in a "class" that have similar features. To me, the best ship is the one I'm on.

I remember being very impressed by the overall elegance of Crown and the Piazza, in particular The same decor was subsequently used in Emerald and Ruby.

Although the Grand class ships tend to be similar, in some instances almost identical, I do find that each has its own character. All are good, just subtley different. This is probably due to the fact that they have different crews, different itineraries and different histories.

The small ships are also very impressive in their richness and good taste.

we have only been on 2 and neither was one of the smaller ships:(but of Caribbean and Sapphire we enjoyed the layout on Caribbean a little more, but like others have mentioned about the crew...the crew on our Sapphire cruise made it one of the favorite trips we have ever taken

WOW!!! I get the WOW!! on a ship when I wake up at Sunrise coming into a port like in Tahiti & you see the most fantastic thing you have ever seen in your life as you step out onto your Balcony.. We were on the Tahitian Princess for that WOW!! Another WOW!! was when we pulled into the port at the Islands of Mykonos or Santorini, Greece & that was on the Star Princess; two different size ships & two completly different types of crews, both quite good but from two different parts of the World. Meeting people from all over the World as fellow Travelers & the ones that help bring the WOW!! to me on my journey. The WOW!! factor is more than the way a ship is put in the water it is how it is sailed in that water. Good Cruiseing:)

Honestly, you will find very little "wow" factor on a Princess ship. I like that about them.....They're distinctively understated!!!!!!

The biggest "wow" I get, is when we're driving up to the dock and I see the ship in a distance and as we get closer and closer......how enormous it looks! "Wow", I'm going to be onboard it soon and it will be taking me to interesting new places and I'll get to sail on the high seas and, if I'm lucky, see a school of dolphin playing or a whale breaching.....that's the "WOW" factor for me!

Honestly, you will find very little "wow" factor on a Princess ship. I like that about them.....They're distinctively understated!!!!!!

The biggest "wow" I get, is when we're driving up to the dock and I see the ship in a distance and as we get closer and closer......how enormous it looks! "Wow", I'm going to be onboard it soon and it will be taking me to interesting new places and I'll get to sail on the high seas and, if I'm lucky, see a school of dolphin playing or a whale breaching.....that's the "WOW" factor for me!

This!

And just imagine that I've only been on the Pacific and Royal (pre-makeovers) and will be on the Grand next month. If I was wowed by the size of those 2 ships, I may just fall over when I get to the Grand. :D

I agree with the general theme here, though. The itinerary and crew factor in a lot.

Archived