NCL Room Service

rainsfallsoftly

Could somebody give me more details about room service on Norwegian's ships? What types of foods are offered? Does anyone have menu pictures they could post? We are going to Alaska on the Pearl this summer so any Pearl specific room service information or general fleet information would be awesome.

Visit the links below. They show pictures of the actual room service menus. They are the same on all the ships (EPIC may be different) but I have been on the Jewel and most recently the Jade (1 week ago) and they were this exact menu.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2949141760070058185JmHtKC

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2999742850070058185rTbCso

Could somebody give me more details about room service on Norwegian's ships? What types of foods are offered? Does anyone have menu pictures they could post? We are going to Alaska on the Pearl this summer so any Pearl specific room service information or general fleet information would be awesome.

Room service is mainly for snacks and cont breakfast. We rarely bother, some people do use it. They do have cheeses and thing which make nice appitzers with drinks prior to dinner.

Nita

Thanks for the link to the room service menu. I see that there is an omelet on the 24 hour menu, so can you order that for breakfast in your cabin?

Yes. We wrote Omelet at the bottom of our breakfast order card on the Sun and got it each time we ordered it.

On the room service menu it comes with tomato and cottage cheese (both of which we like) but it didn't always come with those sides for our breakfast. But it was still nice to have an omelet for room service breakfast with our coffee, juice, and toast, muffin, or danish.

Thanks so much for the menu pics! Looks like some of the foods would be good for lunch or a piece of cake might be a nice evening snack :-)

I've frequently relied on room service for an evening meal on shore days when I just didn't feel like leaving my cabin after returning from the day's activities. It's kind of basic, but it works for me! Note that you can order wine by the glass (sometimes I ask for TWO) for a modest charge. I assume that other liquor is also available.

Thanks so much for the menu pics! Looks like some of the foods would be good for lunch or a piece of cake might be a nice evening snack :-)

Their cheesecake is absolutely delicious. If there was a movie I wanted to watch, sometimes I'd order a turkey sandwich, some coffee, and the cheesecake and would eat that for a late lunch while watching the movie on our cabin tv.

Their cheesecake is absolutely delicious. If there was a movie I wanted to watch, sometimes I'd order a turkey sandwich, some coffee, and the cheesecake and would eat that for a late lunch while watching the movie on our cabin tv.

It's funny you should say that...I've only been on one cruise before, about 10 years ago, and I remember they had really good turkey sandwiches and amazing apple pie, so I did the same thing! I don't like cheesecake, but my fiance (by then, he'll be my new husband!) loves it, so I'm sure he will order that!

We used the room service on the Pride of America several times. It was really, really good. Also, please note - don't double up on portions (thinking about MDR portion sizes). One night the steward brought me so much food, he looked at me like I was insane! :-) Ha! No, really - food was great. We loved the chopped salad and the burger was really good, too. I would highly recommend the chocolate cake with raspberry sauce. Enjoy!

• 1 year later...

Great info here but being new to NCL and the US (we are doing the New York to LA Cruise in April next year and flying over from Australia). We are booked in to a Mini Suite, if I am reading all these things correct then there is no additional charges if we were to order something from the room service menu ?

Any thing else we need to know will be appreciated.

Alan & Julie

Visit the links below. They show pictures of the actual room service menus. They are the same on all the ships (EPIC may be different) but I have been on the Jewel and most recently the Jade (1 week ago) and they were this exact menu.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2949141760070058185JmHtKC

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2999742850070058185rTbCso

Thanks Hurley!!! You answered our question regarding Ham and Eggs in the wee hours in the AM. Egg omelet w/ ham, etc. I had asked about ham and eggs @ 1am on another thread. Problem solved.

Thanks!

Great info here but being new to NCL and the US (we are doing the New York to LA Cruise in April next year and flying over from Australia). We are booked in to a Mini Suite, if I am reading all these things correct then there is no additional charges if we were to order something from the room service menu ?

Any thing else we need to know will be appreciated.

Alan & Julie

Yes... As long as its before midnight and after 5 am... Between those hours there is a small surcharge.

Yes... As long as its before midnight and after 5 am... Between those hours there is a small surcharge.

A small tip (say $1 per person ordering) would be nice for the person who delivers...they won't hang around for a tip, so be ready.

As.with anything on NCL, if crave something but don't see it offered ask. If they can accomadate you they will. On my last cruise I was in the mood for some chips for a late night snack. While chips wasn't offered they had them to serve as a side with sandwiches. I called and asked if I could get some and 10 minutes later a big plate of chips arrived....and boy did they hit the spot :)

Thanks Hurley!!! You answered our question regarding Ham and Eggs in the wee hours in the AM. Egg omelet w/ ham, etc. I had asked about ham and eggs @ 1am on another thread. Problem solved.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, this thread is from over a year ago and the linked photos are the old room service menu. The revised menu from my Jan 2012 Gem sailing no longer lists the 24-hr omelet as available. You can view the revised menu at the following link:

http://s636.photobucket.com/albums/uu87/johnql/Gem%20Cruise%20Jan%202012/Menus%20and%20price%20lists/#!cpZZ2QQtppZZ16

This is an album of most of the menus from my cruise, so you'll have to scroll through to find the room service menu.

If I have purchased a soda card, will they still charge me for ordering a soda with my room service order? Thanks for the info.

I would also like to know this.

If it makes a difference, we are in a suite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would also like to know this.

If it makes a difference, we are in a suite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were in a suite on the Jade in 2010 and were told then that there would be a charge for sodas if ordered from room service. We also had the soda card but were told that the soda card only applied when you took the soda container (which you got for buying the soda card) to a restaurant or bar and had it filled yourself. The sodas they deliver with room service were in cans or bottles and therefore not part of the soda card program.

HTH.

Unfortunately, this thread is from over a year ago and the linked photos are the old room service menu. The revised menu from my Jan 2012 Gem sailing no longer lists the 24-hr omelet as available. You can view the revised menu at the following link:

http://s636.photobucket.com/albums/uu87/johnql/Gem%20Cruise%20Jan%202012/Menus%20and%20price%20lists/#!cpZZ2QQtppZZ16

This is an album of most of the menus from my cruise, so you'll have to scroll through to find the room service menu.

Thanks for sharing.

Archived