Our Trip. Back home now in Spain

bazbov

Can't help but notice you seem to frequent Costa's forum a lot considering you dislike the Company, or is it just a case of something else to moan about, & criticize those who enjoy the brand & are willing to accept sometimes things go wrong.

Well, initially I frequented these boards to gain information from experienced Costa cruisers.

Then, I posted on these boards to outline my recent personal experiences with Costa, and how we were treated when things did not go as promised.

I then read and reread postings from others who had similar or worse experiences on Costa, and yet were still going to cruise with them.

I accept that things can go wrong on a cruise. How the cruise line handles (or mishandles) these problems is where loyalty develops or is lost.

Why cruise repeatedly on a cruise line that treats their customers horribly when things go badly? Is it really because it is so cheap? And then to defend them, like the poor treatment was deserved, is simply amazing.

Happy Cruising,

tnt10

Well, initially I frequented these boards to gain information from experienced Costa cruisers.

Then, I posted on these boards to outline my recent personal experiences with Costa, and how we were treated when things did not go as promised.

I then read and reread postings from others who had similar or worse experiences on Costa, and yet were still going to cruise with them.

I accept that things can go wrong on a cruise. How the cruise line handles (or mishandles) these problems is where loyalty develops or is lost.

Why cruise repeatedly on a cruise line that treats their customers horribly when things go badly? Is it really because it is so cheap? And then to defend them, like the poor treatment was deserved, is simply amazing.

Happy Cruising,

tnt10

From another perspective Costa have always treated us correctly & answered any queries /complaints within the required 28 days, and as far as we can see, they have done the same to the majority of other complaints.

We have received upgrades/AI packages and in one case a free cruise including flights to the US, after 9/11 and a change of Itinerary left us doing the wrong cruise.

I personally have complained to Costa a few times during our 21 years cruising with them, like most Companies they do take a long time to investigate complaints, which also annoys me, but in the long run like most other lines they do reply even if we don't like the answer.

After paying good money we all expect things to be perfect, most of the time they are regardless of which line we are on.

At this time I have an on going debate with one of the top cruise lines about treatment of our luggage, they are no better or worse than Costa in answering letters.