Photography advice

Hi. I'm writing a story on photography on expedition trips and would love your advice, insights, experience (and please feel free to post a photo that you're proud of!).

Specifically, what's been the most challenging thing in nature that you've attempted to photograph? (For me, on an Amazon adventure in Peru, it was really capturing the amazing birdlife but it can be anything).

And how did you figure out how to get the best pic you could? (My tip was that I just learned to relax, and see through the eyes of my, well, eyes, first, and not be anchored to the camera so much -- I saw more, processed more, and was able to shoot better in the end).

Thanks so much for sharing!

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

• 1 month later...

Hi Carolyn, I'm new to the group and happen to be a professional photographer. I noticed that there were no replies to your info request. If it's not too late, I'm happy to help. I do a lot of travel photography but, am just now booking our first Lindblad Expedition to circumnavigate Iceland in July. Very excited!

I can direct you to my Instagram account and website if that's helpful, but wasn't sure if that appropriate to post publicly here. Please let me know if I can help. :-)