Norwegian Dawn cruise advice for next week and a few questions

ashleyandhaley

couple of NCL DAwn questions for our upcoming cruise on Norwegian DAwn.

I'm traveling by myself with 4 girls under the age of 16, two are 10 yrs and two are 16 any advice and tips while we are on board?

1. Is the iconcierge worth it?

2. Any cost saving tips?

3. Does NCL serve free room service like our Carnival cruise did or do we have ways of being able to eat in our room for free any nights?

Edited by ashleyandhaley
Misspell

couple of NCL DAwn questions for our upcoming cruise on Norwegian DAwn.

I'm traveling by myself with 4 girls under the age of 16, two are 10 yrs and two are 16 any advice and tips while we are on board?

1. Is the iconcierge worth it?

2. Any cost saving tips?

3. Does NCL serve free room service like our Carnival cruise did or do we have ways of being able to eat in our room for free any nights?

Iconcierge worked fine for us to communicate with each other while on ship. We did not have the wifi package. We have AT&T and signed up for free international with AT&T before we left to have free data in Mexico. So I guess it just depends on what you need while onboard as far as communication needs.

The last sea day they have discounts and a $10 sale on several items in gift shop area like t-shirts.

No free room service except pastry/coffee breakfast. Otherwise, service charge of I think $7.95. We went to buffet and brought our food back from there on a couple of ocassions. Brought dessert from dinner back a few nights also.

I did a detailed review on our trip last week - Dolphins, Zipline, and Villas...OH MY on NCL/Dawn threads if your interested in some details. Hope you have a great trip! We LOVED the Dawn!

We used iconcierge on our last cruise and it was great. Made it so much easier to find each other.

The only free room service is a cold breakfast in the AM. However, room service only incurs a flat fee of $7.95 the rest of the time, so if you order for all 5 of u, it's still just the $7.95. We generally just grab food at the buffet and bring it back to the room.

And don't forget about o'sheehans/blue lagoon, if you want a quick casual meal it's free and has hamburgers, mozzarella sticks, etc.

Cost savings tips depend on what you plan to do. You can certainly go on the ship and not spend a dime. Iced tea, lemonade and water are free st all meals. And there's milk and juice at breakfast plus flavored water at the buffet.

Biggest cost is usually excursions so if you haven't you may want to research what's available in each port and where you can DIY for free/cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums