Piano Man Jimmy Maddox

Oceanwench

Listening to his new CD today with songs from the piano bar took me back to the Westerdam 2008 ... he even mentions meeting someone in the Lido in a Speedo on the song Chantilly Lace! :eek:

Anyone who has heard Jimmy on HAL ships [he was in the piano bar for the Eurodam inaugural, I believe] knows he sets the bar high for any other piano bar player! He's at home in Georgia now, but he'll be aboard the Ryndam Feb. 26-April 4; the Statendam Aprill 11-July 11; and the Niew Amsterdam Sept. 12-Nov. 7.

When I met Jimmy, he was part of an incredible entertainment team on the Westerdam, which included Julie Barr and Joel Mason. I hope to find them all together on some future cruise! :)

You can find Jimmy's cruise blog at http://www.jimmymaddox.com. It's fun to go along with him on the various HAL ships!

A special shout-out to Jimmy for including Hang on Sloopy on his CD!!! ;)

I've ordered my CD and can't wait to get it :) Jimmy definitely has raised the bar, IMHO--we haven't found anyone close to his talent/personality since our cruise with him--we're actually trying to work our schedule to fit his so that we can enjoy another cruise with him...

• 2 years later...
Listening to his new CD today with songs from the piano bar took me back to the Westerdam 2008 ... he even mentions meeting someone in the Lido in a Speedo on the song Chantilly Lace! :eek:

Anyone who has heard Jimmy on HAL ships [he was in the piano bar for the Eurodam inaugural, I believe] knows he sets the bar high for any other piano bar player! He's at home in Georgia now, but he'll be aboard the Ryndam Feb. 26-April 4; the Statendam Aprill 11-July 11; and the Niew Amsterdam Sept. 12-Nov. 7.

When I met Jimmy, he was part of an incredible entertainment team on the Westerdam, which included Julie Barr and Joel Mason. I hope to find them all together on some future cruise! :)

You can find Jimmy's cruise blog at www.jimmymaddox.com. It's fun to go along with him on the various HAL ships!

A special shout-out to Jimmy for including Hang on Sloopy on his CD!!! ;)

What a fabulous trio: Jimmy Maddox, Julie Barr, and Joel Mason! WOW! Wish they'd be on our Ryndam cruise end of January!

What a fabulous trio: Jimmy Maddox, Julie Barr, and Joel Mason! WOW! Wish they'd be on our Ryndam cruise end of January!

Sheila, this thread is well over two years old. That's why no one has responded to the current question.

Thanks for the link. Jimmy was at the piano on our 22-day Zuiderdam cruise, and the Piano Bar was the happening place! We were there every night after the show, and it was a lot of fun and great entertainment. He's a very personable guy - his cabin was a few doors away from ours so we bumped into each other often, and he always had a smile and a cheery remark.

• 1 month later...
Jimmy Madddox -- Yes

Julie Barr -- No

Joel Mason - Yes

We have never had Joel Mason on a small ship and we really enjoy his shows.

Interesting. I've heard great things about Julie Barr (because she's a friend of a travel agent friend of ours). Personally haven't had the pleasure of her show. I have heard Jimmy Maddox and Joel Mason, however.

The "piano man" who is our very favorite is Mark Farris who was on our Maasdam cruise in 2011. Fabulous. www.markfarris.com

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Update:-

• Nieuw Amsterdam: 30 April to 15 May 2013 (a trans-Atlantic)
  • Zuiderdam: 18 May to 14 June 2013
  • Noordam: 19 June to 24 July 2013
  • Nieuw Amsterdam: 31 August to 1 December 2013
  • Westerdam: 4 January to 5 April 2014

Is that as far as the schedule goes? I'm hoping he's on the Zuiderdam from April 18, 2014.

Is that as far as the schedule goes?
Unfortunately, yes. All I know is what he posts on his website.

Also, he recently had a change in a previously announced schedule - you can see that his two-month stint on Zuiderdam has now been split between Zuiderdam and Noordam. We would have been disappointed if we'd booked to see him, and then missed him because of a schedule change!

I see that this is an old thread that's been picked up in reruns but I have to chime in to say that Jimmy Maddox is worth changing your travel plans for. Sis and I did just that when we passed over our favorite ship in order to book one we didn't like nearly as much just because Jimmy was at the keys.

Whatever you do, don't miss him if you can help it.

Diann

• 5 weeks later...

Jimmy really is an amazing entertainer, all around nice guy, and very smart and very funny. I met him on the Zuiderdam last April and I spent every night in the piano bar, singing and making new friends. Heck, I don't even drink and I had a fantastic time. We have kept in touch, and I hope to sail with him again; and if the opportunity arises, I wouldn't hesitate to let his presence be my deciding factor on which cruise to pick.

Maureen