SUGGESTIONS FOR GETTING FROM VENiCE AIRPORT TO HOTEL FOR 4

dcruisers

We are 2 couples sailing on a Viking ocean cruise planning on going a day early so we won't have transfers to hotel. Thanks to fellow cruisers we have had great luck with recommendations on private drivers in Budapest and Rome and would like to do the same in Venice.

I noticed a thread about water taxi - is that the preferred mode of transportation from Venice airport to hotels? Can you get a regular cab?

Would appreciate input from fellow cruisers of names of any company or private driver OR opinions on the best way to get to Venice hotel.

Thanks in advance!

I responded to your other thread (altho you provided more detail in this thread).

There are only 2 hotels that can be reached directly by land taxi. Otherwise, the majority of hotels must be reached by walking and crossing bridges, or some kind of water transportation......water bus, alilaguna, water taxi.

Some hotels have a dock, others use a dock nearby.

A water taxi from the airport to venice will be at least 110 E. And you have a walk of 7-10 minutes from the airport to the dock. The cost is not pp.

Info about water taxis in this article. Also a link to the water taxi coop, where you can get estimates.

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/water-taxis.htm

Edited by mapleleaves

• 5 months later...
We did the water taxi and went to within 1 minute of our hotel. Would highly recommend this.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

it would help if you included more info, like the name of the hotel, any bridges to cross, water taxi cost, and where you picked up the taxi if not the airport and how you departed the hotel.

We will be staying at Hotel Olimpia...... they will provide transportation ( I think on ) land but I think we will still have to walk a little with suitcases

someone else posted a similar question a while ago

If this is hotel Olimpia near P Roma the hotel can arrange for land transportation but it will be at an extra cost

there is a coach transfer from airport to P Roma which costs about 7 euros per person and luggage is stored below seating area

You can see the hotel from P Roma but there are 2 small bridges with steps to negotiate with luggage to cross the small canal in front of hotel

with 4 of you and luggage you may need 2 regular taxis from airport unless there is a minivan type available

same land route to P Roma

it's not a far walk at all and the bridge is small.

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/directions/best-western-olimpia.htm

The bus mentioned by fab is the ATVO airport express bus, a nonstop 20 minute ride. The blue buses leave from in front of the airport doors 2 or 3 times an hour. Drops you off in Piazzale Roma and from there a 5 minute walk to your hotel. http://www.atvo.it/en-venice-airport.html

Otherwise a private car service would be needed for 4 pax and their luggage. Or 2 cabs. Or a water taxi is about 110E (for the taxi not pp)