Eurodam-earliest time to board?

3happykids!

We sailed the Eurodam on March 11. Our boarding group was #17; they started with Suites at 11:30am.

We were in our rooms by 12:30pm and seated in the dining room for lunch 15 minutes later.

Lucky you. My brother, sister in law and I were also on the Eurodam March 11 cruise. I had arranged for wheel chair assistance as I am mobility challenged. We arrived at the Cruise Port at 11 AM, wheel chair assistance was there for me immediately, we were taken into the terminal, received a #3 for boarding. The wheelchair assistant took us to a "pen" and told me that was as far as he could take me. A HAL wheel chair assistant would come and take me the rest of the way. There were at least a dozen other pax there that needed assistance, along with their traveling companions. After about 10 minutes a wheel chair arrived, and a pax taken away. 20 minutes later another pax was taken away. Then after about 15 minutes the HAL assistant who had taken the first pax on board returned. There seemed to be only 2 HAL wheel chair assistants working. We were seated on chairs in a roped off area, a "pen", away from any and all facilities. After waiting 1 1/2 hours I needed to use the facilities urgently. Not being able to walk any distance, my brother went outside the "pen" and found a cruise port worker, with a wheelchair, and requested transportation to the facilities for me. The worker said that this area was not his designated area of work. Brother lost his cool and said that if assistance was not immediately provided a big mess would have to be cleaned up , by him or someone who "was responsible for the area". Needless to say, I was transported to a rest room ASAP. When I was returned to the "pen" the HAL wheel chair assistance arrived to take the next pax onboard. He did not call out our number, but my brother insisted we be taken onboard right then and there, and we were. It was a little over 2 hours when we arrived on board. It was a horrendous start to what turned out to be a wonderful cruise.

Yes, I did advise HAL of this terrible experience, but, after 7 days, have not as yet received a reply.

Lucky you. My brother, sister in law and I were also on the Eurodam March 11 cruise. I had arranged for wheel chair assistance as I am mobility challenged. We arrived at the Cruise Port at 11 AM, wheel chair assistance was there for me immediately, we were taken into the terminal, received a #3 for boarding. The wheelchair assistant took us to a "pen" and told me that was as far as he could take me. A HAL wheel chair assistant would come and take me the rest of the way. There were at least a dozen other pax there that needed assistance, along with their traveling companions. After about 10 minutes a wheel chair arrived, and a pax taken away. 20 minutes later another pax was taken away. Then after about 15 minutes the HAL assistant who had taken the first pax on board returned. There seemed to be only 2 HAL wheel chair assistants working. We were seated on chairs in a roped off area, a "pen", away from any and all facilities. After waiting 1 1/2 hours I needed to use the facilities urgently. Not being able to walk any distance, my brother went outside the "pen" and found a cruise port worker, with a wheelchair, and requested transportation to the facilities for me. The worker said that this area was not his designated area of work. Brother lost his cool and said that if assistance was not immediately provided a big mess would have to be cleaned up , by him or someone who "was responsible for the area". Needless to say, I was transported to a rest room ASAP. When I was returned to the "pen" the HAL wheel chair assistance arrived to take the next pax onboard. He did not call out our number, but my brother insisted we be taken onboard right then and there, and we were. It was a little over 2 hours when we arrived on board. It was a horrendous start to what turned out to be a wonderful cruise.

Yes, I did advise HAL of this terrible experience, but, after 7 days, have not as yet received a reply.

Wow... this was a horrible start to your trip. I had two college students with me that I would have loaned you to do some pushing!

Wow... this was a horrible start to your trip. I had two college students with me that I would have loaned you to do some pushing!

NOW you tell me......haha. But it would not have made any difference, my brother and sister in law would have been quite capable of doing that, had there been a wheel chair available! But we were penned in an area away from everything. And even if he had been able to snag a wheel chair he would not have been allowed to walk on board!