Visa Requirement Information for Vietnam

resordanis

Hi all,

Hope someone can help.

We are cruising Sydney to Hong Kong in March on QV with 2 ports in Vietnam. We then leave the ship and board QM2 and travel to 1 other port in Vietnam. This is all within 1 week. My question is, will my visa (that the ship organise)

be applicable for both cruises or should I purchase one locally? I asked Cunard yesterday and had they could not assist. I think the ship charge $31 each. This times 4 seems quite expensive for 3 days!

Any help is appreciated.:D

I am doing the world cruise and the visa for Vietnam is completed onboard the QM2 . I am not sure this is the same situation as you are going through. Call VISA CENTRAL and they will know for sure

Thanks for the information. IS VISA CENTRAL a cunard site? I guess I can google.

Thanks again.

Vietnam has both single entry Visas and multiple entry Visas. If Cunard is buying single entry Visas you may have purchase multiple Visas. I don't know whether Cunard would allow you to purchase a multiple entry Visa yourself, good for month, to save money.

I would let Cunard get your multiple entry visa on QV and then let them know when you board QM2 that you already have the visa stamped in your passport.

Thanks, I have just emailed Cunard here in Australia. We are in Vietnam on the 26th and 27th March on QV and then again 31st March on QM2. I just hope someone can see logic and not charge us the $31 x 4 for the two ships visas.

I can live in hope I guess! I can also organise a visa here for a month for $16!

I asked Cunard yesterday and had they could not assist. :D

Perhaps it's just very American of me, but I would have politely refused to accept that as an answer from Cunard.

They may not have the info on hand, but really should at least collaborate with you to answer the question/solve the problem.

Edited by BoisDore

Perhaps it's just very American of me, but I would have politely refused to accept that as an answer from Cunard.

They may not have the info on hand, but really should at least collaborate with you to answer the question/solve the problem.

Yes, I probably should have been a bit more forceful, but after waiting on for the Cunard call centre for over 1 hour to talk to them about our booking, I thought I would try and find out for myself. I have email Cunard but as yet no reply.:eek:

after waiting on for the Cunard call centre for over 1 hour to talk to them about our booking

That *is* frustrating. I'm surprised a company as large as Carnival doesn't have their call centers managed worldwide to handle multiple brands from multiple regions, to maximize efficiency and minimize hold times.

That *is* frustrating. I'm surprised a company as large as Carnival doesn't have their call centers managed worldwide to handle multiple brands from multiple regions, to maximize efficiency and minimize hold times.

I am absolutely shocked by the time I wait for Cunard. When I call Princess I have a dedicated person to speak to, but the wait for Cunard has been very frustrating!