Terminal 10th January 2016

laktex

I was just interested to see which terminal I will be sailing from on 10th January when I believe all 3 Queens are in port. Southampton VTS does not appear to have the 2016 schedule yet but the Cunard site interestingly has all 3 ships at Ocean Terminal - that should be a bit of a squeeze!!

I was just interested to see which terminal I will be sailing from on 10th January when I believe all 3 Queens are in port. Southampton VTS does not appear to have the 2016 schedule yet but the Cunard site interestingly has all 3 ships at Ocean Terminal - that should be a bit of a squeeze!!
They'll stack them :D .

They'll stack them :D .

I think that's on the cards for 2017, post Qm2 refit. Aren't they adding rocket propulsion systems to the hull so she can fly? :) They have the time to install it if they leave the Britannia room lounges as they are for another five years.

I too am curious though as to which terminal I need to embark from on the 10th Jan. I'd also love to know which suite I'm being given. I keep looking at the deck plans trying to guess.

The wait is torture!

... Aren't they adding rocket propulsion systems to the hull so she can fly?:) ...
That's only for the Grills; Britannia passengers will have to flap their arms :D .

In previous years, the ABP Southampton site (http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/Live_Information/Shipping_Movements_and_Cruise_Ship_Schedule/Cruise_Ship_Schedule/) has been very late in giving information about New Year sailings. If I spot new information about January 10th, I'll post it here.

Best wishes.

Edited by pepperrn

I think that's on the cards for 2017, post Qm2 refit. Aren't they adding rocket propulsion systems to the hull so she can fly? :) They have the time to install it if they leave the Britannia room lounges as they are for another five years.

I too am curious though as to which terminal I need to embark from on the 10th Jan. I'd also love to know which suite I'm being given. I keep looking at the deck plans trying to guess.

The wait is torture!

I think you are OK - even though the Q1's have gone there are still some Q2's !!

It was only this morning I was looking on Southampton's cruise ship schedule, wondering where we will embark. QM2 is bound to have the Ocean Terminal. If the QV is in Mayflower and leaves first, sailing past the other ships I will be very happy!

I hope all goes well on 10 January so all three Queens can sail out together. In 2014, QM2 was delayed leaving (medical emergency was what I heard) and this year QE did not even get into Southampton until 3pm (we didn't sail until after midnight). Seeing all three sailing together is quite a sight.

I hope all goes well on 10 January so all three Queens can sail out together. In 2014, QM2 was delayed leaving (medical emergency was what I heard) and this year QE did not even get into Southampton until 3pm (we didn't sail until after midnight). Seeing all three sailing together is quite a sight.

And in 2014 it was a truly miserable night too - I remember standing on deck of QE under my daughter's umbrella watching the fireworks. My wife was getting soaked on the quay somewhere trying to wave us off.

I think you are OK - even though the Q1's have gone there are still some Q2's !!

From what I can see, only the Windsor suite (Q2) is left and possibly a Q3. Otherwise, my best chance is a Q5 or the Q6 I guaranteed.

If I don't get upgraded I don't mind. Still excited just to be on the ship!

• 4 weeks later...

According to the latest itinerary I have from Cunard QE will embark at Mayflower Cruise Terminal on Jan 10th, not sure about the other Queens

According to the latest itinerary I have from Cunard QE will embark at Mayflower Cruise Terminal on Jan 10th, not sure about the other Queens

Just looked at Southampton VTS again - (it does indicate it is not complete yet)

10th January 2016

QM2 is listed for 46 - Ocean Terminal

QE listed for 106 - Mayflower

QV is not listed yet

Looking at the recent post on QEII terminal refurbishment - I wonder when this will start if due for completion Spring 2016 - it is not shown in use till end March 2016 on the VTS site so far.

We are on Victoria 3rd to 10th January and just have our e-tickets. We are leaving from Mayflower and returning to City. So Victoria will be leaving from City I presume.

Are Cunard sticking to the boarding times now as P & O are and it was chaos when we boarded Ventura recently from Mayflower.

Edited by amajaa

We are on Victoria 3rd to 10th January and just have our e-tickets. We are leaving from Mayflower and returning to City. So Victoria will be leaving from City I presume..

That makes sense so it is likely to be:

QM2 46 - Ocean Terminal

QE 106 - Mayflower

QV 101 - City Terminal

I presume they have/will have started work on QEII Terminal.?

Makes the Holiday Inn a good location for the night before for QV passengers.

Fireworks out in the river?

That makes sense so it is likely to be:

QM2 46 - Ocean Terminal

QE 106 - Mayflower

QV 101 - City Terminal

I presume they have/will have started work on QEII Terminal.?

Makes the Holiday Inn a good location for the night before for QV passengers.

Fireworks out in the river?

Good to know ill likely need to get my taxi to drop me off at Ocean Terminal then :)

Not long to go!

Good to know ill likely need to get my taxi to drop me off at Ocean Terminal then :)

Not long to go!

The overhead street instructions will say which gate to take for each ship. All you need to say to the taxi driver is the name of your ship. Unless you are his/ her first fare of the day they will know which terminal.:) As they will have been back and forth all day. Just got this off of my ticket we get off on the 10th

Ocean Terminal

Berth 46/47, Dock Gate 4

Southampton, England

Edited by electra2008

The overhead street instructions will say which gate to take for each ship. All you need to say to the taxi driver is the name of your ship. Unless you are his/ her first fare of the day they will know which terminal.:) As they will have been back and forth all day. Just got this off of my ticket we get off on the 10th

Ocean Terminal

Berth 46/47, Dock Gate 4

Southampton, England

You do not say which ship you are one!!:confused: Presumably QM2?

Ocean Terminal

Berth 46/47, Dock Gate 4

Southampton, England

Thank you. I'm planning on boarding around midday, so will get to the terminal a little before that I think.

I'm sure it's not difficult to miss QM2 on the harbour skyline :)

Thanks for the info....well worked out:

I have just noticed your thread and it helps to know which terminal QM 2 is leaving from on the 10th Jan.

I am so looking forward to this cruise that I need to realise that there is Christmas and New Year to enjoy first.

QE will be Ocean Terminal according to our tickets revived today. We return on the 10th and they currently show Ocean Terminal Berth 46/47.

someones wrong !!

38 or 38/9 berth = QEII Cruise Terminal

46 berth = Ocean Cruise Terminal

101 berth = City Cruise Terminal

106 berth = Mayflower Cruise Terminal

QUEEN ELIZABETH 10-Jan-16 06:30 10-Jan-16 16:30 106 CARNIVAL UK

QUEEN MARY 2 10-Jan-16 06:30 10-Jan-16 16:30 46 CARNIVAL UK

QE will be Ocean Terminal according to our tickets revived today. We return on the 10th and they currently show Ocean Terminal Berth 46/47.

Does your ticket actually show the disembarkation terminal? Although QE may depart from Ocean Terminal 46 it does not necessarily mean she will return to the same terminal. VTS shows she will return to Mayflower 106, but one never knows - QV still does not show on the VTS but "amajaa" indicated QV terminals.

• 2 weeks later...
@pennbank - Aye one of them is wrong!

@laktex - It sure does.

I'm guessing it's could all change by then.

My E-Ticket just came through for 10th January for QM2 departing on its World Cruise

and it says we are at Ocean Terminal 46/47. It will all be OK on the day.