Voyage Personaliser Problems

HelloKittysMum

Maybe it's because I am overseas with work. Will see if husband can access it from home or I'll wait until I get back home. Just not home very much before we travel in 4 weeks.

That's more than likely the problem.

For example, when in the UK, if you try and access cunard.com it always takes you to cunard.co.uk. So I'd guess if you try cunard.co.uk from wherever you are it will re-direct you to that country's site and when you enter your booking details it does not tie up with that country's site and so it gives an error.

That's my guess anyway.

After having this conversation with Cunard tech support, I was told that IE (Internet Explorer) 10+ don't work with VP. I used a different browser instead, Firefox/Mozilla, and had no problems logging in.

I asked her why they didn't put a compatibility notice up but she said Cunard figured they would have the patch worked out quickly, but that apparently hasn't happened.

That's more than likely the problem.

For example, when in the UK, if you try and access cunard.com it always takes you to cunard.co.uk. So I'd guess if you try cunard.co.uk from wherever you are it will re-direct you to that country's site and when you enter your booking details it does not tie up with that country's site and so it gives an error.

That's my guess anyway.

Will sort it when I am back in UK then. Just wanted to start planning while I am stuck away on a business trip esp as I have two more overseas work trips before we go away for Christmas cruise and am not home much for next 2 weeks. Could get husband to do it but I'm the holiday planner...

After having this conversation with Cunard tech support, I was told that IE (Internet Explorer) 10+ don't work with VP. I used a different browser instead, Firefox/Mozilla, and had no problems logging in.

I asked her why they didn't put a compatibility notice up but she said Cunard figured they would have the patch worked out quickly, but that apparently hasn't happened.

I use Chrome so I've just tried IE 11 - works fine. Also tried Edge, that works as well.

I suspect Cunard tech support just told you that so you'd go away and leave them alone since they could not be bothered to provide you with any support.

Will sort it when I am back in UK then. Just wanted to start planning while I am stuck away on a business trip esp as I have two more overseas work trips before we go away for Christmas cruise and am not home much for next 2 weeks. Could get husband to do it but I'm the holiday planner...

What about trying ipad

Am now back in UK so have tried again.

Still getting same error message. Have tried other browsers, still same problem. Also tried on children's booking which I had not done anything with. Same problem.

Suspect the problem is because we booked through an American TA when we live in UK. Anyone who has booked this way got any ideas? Should we use TA address or the hotel we are staying in immediately before or my mum's cousins address.

What is the message you are getting?

I haven't booked with a US TA so I haven't had that problem but for one sailing it used to keep telling me my sailing date had passed. I would re - enter the same information and it would be fine.

Am now back in UK so have tried again.

Still getting same error message. Have tried other browsers, still same problem. Also tried on children's booking which I had not done anything with. Same problem.

Suspect the problem is because we booked through an American TA when we live in UK. Anyone who has booked this way got any ideas? Should we use TA address or the hotel we are staying in immediately before or my mum's cousins address.

It doesn't usually matter earlier in the year I had a US arranged booking and it let me in albeit once inside it was clearly the US focused version. I should add I was accessing it from the UK using a UK ISP. My home address in the UK was already entered and I just completed next of kin. Both i-Pad and android phone worked fine when accessing the VP.

M-AR

It doesn't seem to like our UK address. Will need to check with TA in Orlando or will try the hotel we are staying in before the cruise. Don't want to worry my parents with it....

I've just looked at my invoice from earlier in the year. My TA has put XX where the state would be and squished up the postcode into six letters and numbers without the traditional space. I know it's a long shot but maybe my TA completed my personaliser in the same way and you could try that?

M-AR

We have booked here in Australia. Received an email for husband to fill in details on voyage personaliser and have not been able to log in. Comes up as error in personal details.

The details had already been completed months ago and now using an iPad to log in with the same code and details as before.

Cruising the Barrier Reef at present and have tried to log in when ashore.

Will contact Cunard and TA when we are home next week.

We have also paid in full some time ago but have not been allocated a cabin as yet.

If you use the ship's WiFi network you will appear to be logging in from the UK. This might interfere with accessing an Australian booking.

I guess I'm assuming you're on a Cunard ship at the moment, but other lines may give you similar issues.

I use Chrome so I've just tried IE 11 - works fine. Also tried Edge, that works as well.

I suspect Cunard tech support just told you that so you'd go away and leave them alone since they could not be bothered to provide you with any support.

I don't know about that this time - since as soon as I used Firefox it was fine. though this was 3 months ago, perhaps it does work after all.