Table Location

Shelby0208

Family of four about to head out on our eighth Carnival cruise. I cannot remember one time when our table wasn't shoved behind a staircase. It wasn't a very convenient location; windows were far away and nightly shows could not be seen. I'm considering emailing the Maitre D, leaning towards a window table, what are your thoughts. It would be a four top, if that makes a difference. Thank you in advance!!

Family of four about to head out on our eighth Carnival cruise. I cannot remember one time when our table wasn't shoved behind a staircase. It wasn't a very convenient location; windows were far away and nightly shows could not be seen. I'm considering emailing the Maitre D, leaning towards a window table, what are your thoughts. It would be a four top, if that makes a difference. Thank you in advance!!

The tables in the assigned times dining room are usually 8 tops. They wouldn't move a smaller table to accommodate such a request. You may have better luck with ATD.

The tables in the assigned times dining room are usually 8 tops. They wouldn't move a smaller table to accommodate such a request. You may have better luck with ATD.

Actually this is not correct.

Tables run from 2,4, 6, 8 ad 10 and recently on Pride we sat at a table for 14.

If not happy where they seat you see the MD embarkation day.

Which ships have 2 tops at the windows?

The Inspiration ATD MDR. They split 8 tops. You're about two inches from your neighbor.

I'd rather not be at the window. We always seem to eat when the sun is the brightest in our eyes.

Your post made me giggle....

I don't think seating someone at a window is a priority for a Matre' d. I am sure he is more concerned about getting groups together and not splitting up families.

I agree....wait until you get onboard and see where you are assigned and then see the matre'd if you absolutely hate where you are sitting. On all my many cruises across many many cruise lines I have never had a window seat....but what the heck I'm eating at 8:15 and it is more often dark than not.

QUOTE=Elaine5715;47028303]The tables in the assigned times dining room (by the windows) are usually 8 tops. They wouldn't move a smaller table to accommodate such a request. You may have better luck with ATD.

edited to add by the window

When we did assigned dining, we always were assigned a 4 top booth, just on the perimeter of the center large tables. We could easily see all of the activities. For the last three cruises, we have had ATD, and that is more hit and miss.

When we did assigned dining, we always were assigned a 4 top booth, just on the perimeter of the center large tables. We could easily see all of the activities. For the last three cruises, we have had ATD, and that is more hit and miss.

After awhile we try to get out before the entertainment.

Got to be boring for us after awhile and stopped service dead in its tracks. Always thought the waitstaff had enough to do without this being added to their jobs.

I agree with waiting until you actually get to see where your table is located once you board this ship. The Maitre D' is always there to go over any questions or problems that you may have with your table. We ALWAYS check out our table on embarkation day and make necessary changes if need be.

As for sitting next to a window, we had one on our 15-day cruise to Hawaii. It was OK for me, but the wife got a little queezy sitting there. She didn't like it at all. And the sun always glared right into my eyes during our 6:00pm sitting.

Good luck!

:cool:Bill