Booked Captains Suite!

We booked the captains suite on the Sunshine for just over a year from now! So excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had the Captains Suite on the Valor back in March. Loved the large balcony!!

Did you have to call and request it? I never see it listed on the website.

We booked it while onboard the Legend earlier this month. I did find it online also by selecting grand suite then forward deck 9.

Lucky!!!!:D:D:D

I am fortunate to keep DH cruising, as he is not as fond of it as I am.:mad:

I don't want to push it with a suite, but he won't go below a balcony.

Maybe ONE of these days, I can get him to do an Aft Wrap.:eek:

Believe me this is a once in a lifetime event! We normally do balcony, but for this cruise we went all out! My mother in law and daughter are a couple doors down in one of the grand ocean view staterooms. This is my mother in laws 60th birthday celebration. She will turn 60 during the cruise.

Would it be rude to say I hate you, or does the fact that it is obvious that my feelings are wrapped in jealousy make it OK?

Or maybe I can plead to come along???? Pretty please....

Of course you can come. 6/27/15 Sunshine. Jealousy is ok though too :)

Believe me this is a once in a lifetime event! We normally do balcony, but for this cruise we went all out! My mother in law and daughter are a couple doors down in one of the grand ocean view staterooms. This is my mother in laws 60th birthday celebration. She will turn 60 during the cruise.

I laughed so hard when I read this because it mirrors so closely my stay in that suite! I was lucky enough to be in the Captain's suite on the Sunshine in May. It was my 40th birthday present from my parents. The 3 of us shared the cabin and it was AWESOME. My sister, her hubby and their daughter also went and they were in a scenic ocean view just down the hall. We had an amazing time. Definitely check out the U tune video of the suite. I watched it nearly fifty times before I went. I also posted some pics of the suite on the cruise line rooms dot com web site.

I laughed so hard when I read this because it mirrors so closely my stay in that suite! I was lucky enough to be in the Captain's suite on the Sunshine in May. It was my 40th birthday present from my parents. The 3 of us shared the cabin and it was AWESOME. My sister, her hubby and their daughter also went and they were in a scenic ocean view just down the hall. We had an amazing time. Definitely check out the U tune video of the suite. I watched it nearly fifty times before I went. I also posted some pics of the suite on the cruise line rooms dot com web site.

Wow awesome! We are in 9128 and have the ocean view 9124 I believe.

We will be in one in a few weeks. Anxious to see what it is like. Will I be addicted?

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
We booked the captains suite on the Sunshine for just over a year from now! So excited!

You must be enjoying your Captain's Suite on the Sunshine this week. Let us know how wonderful it was when you return. We have it booked for September and it will be my first time in the front of the ship. We always book the extended aft balcony cabins in the back and we love them. I hope we are not disappointed. lol

Nice! It's definitely on my list for someday when I win the lottery. :D

I swear, I would probably never leave the room. There wouldn't be any reason to! Well, maybe to eat. But that's about it. Not even sure if I would want to venture out to the ports, hehe

ETA: I just realized that this was an old post that was bumped up. To the OP: looks like you might be home from your cruise by now. Let us know how it was! I would love to hear a review, preferably with pictures!

Edited by bakersdozen12

I'll make it simple and save you from searching YouTube for the video tour that I created about the Captain's Suite on Carnival Sunshine. Here it is:

[YOUTUBE]wpeztXSowsM[/YOUTUBE]

Not all Carnival ships feature a Captain's Suite, but on those that do... there are actually two. One on the port side and one on the starboard side. They sit directly above the bridge, up at the front of the ship. On Carnival Sunshine, they are cabins 9115 and 9128.

Carnival%20Sunshine%20-%20Deck%209%20Forward%20Map.jpg

Here's a picture to help you visualize the location of 9115, which was the one we stayed in:

(A yellow arrow points to the Captain's Suite)

CarnivalSunshine-CaptainsSuite-IMG_8796.JPG

In this next picture, from a different angle, the arrow points to the balcony of the Captain's Suite... which sticks out over the side of the ship:

CarnivalSunshine-CaptainsSuite-PC190035.JPG

Because of the way that balcony extends out over the side of the ship, you get a great view from the balcony of everything out the side and towards the back of the ship. Here's a shot I took in Grand Cayman, from the balcony of the Captain's Suite, of a couple of other ships anchored off our starboard side:

CarnivalSunshine-IMG_8785.JPG

The only small advantage that 9115 has over 9128 is that the office of the actual ship's Captain sits directly underneath 9115. From the balcony of 9115, you can actually look right in to the picture window of the Captain's office. I tried to be discrete about it, but I have to admit that I got a little kick out of doing that from time to time!

Finally, here's a little diagram showing the layout of the Captain's Suite:

CarnivalSunshine-CaptainsSuite-9915-Diagram.jpg

If you want to read more information about our stay in the Captain's Suite on the Carnival Sunshine, head on over to this page on my web site.

I see the OP is from Florida. I'm jealous of all the people in Florida that don't have to fly to cruise. For a family of 4, we usually pay $2,000 just for air. Last year, air was extra high and cost close to $3,000. We also can't book last minute specials because the air costs would be too high.

If I had a Captain's Suite, I'd also rarely leave the cabin! It looks awesome.

Not all Carnival ships feature a Captain's Suite, but on those that do... there are actually two. One on the port side and one on the starboard side. They sit directly above the bridge, up at the front of the ship. On Carnival Sunshine, they are cabins 9115 and 9128.

Is there a list of which ships have the Captain's Suite? It is simply awesome!

Edited by dchoney