Carnival Breeze 4/25-5/3 2015 review with pictures

Cjh1975

Hello everyone here's goes another review:). First a little background: I'm 39, from Southern CA and this was my 6th cruise. I cruised with my favorite cruising buddy Diane. Hope you enjoy the review and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

I basically spent all day Friday getting ready for the trip. Laundry, packing, getting the kids stuff ready to spend the week with their grandmothe. Around 7:00pm I dropped the kids off at a friends house and gave them hugs and kisses and said my I love yoys and goodbyes. Then I was headed off to Diane's house. Luckily traffic want too bad. I got to her how se loaded up her car and we headed to LAX. We parked the car at 405, which found to be the cheapest. We hopped on their shuttle and were at the airport in no time. Check in was a Breeze we just walked up to the counter. Diane's bags were a bit over her limit so we had to move things around a bit to get her under the limit. The security check at the airport wasn't too bad either. We weren't through it pretty quickly. Once through the security check we were a bit bummed because we usually start our vacation off with some drinks at Gladstones but we realized we were in the wrong terminal for that :(. Our flight want until 11:55 so we wondered around looking for a place to grab a drink. We found a bar and next the Kogi truck restaurant. I have been to the Kogi truck several times and I love it. I didn't realize they had a spot in LAX. Diane order a beer for her and a margarita for me and I went and got us some tacos. The tacos were delish as always. After eating and drinking we went to our gate and boarder the plane. The flight was a red eye so I selpt a bit.

We arrived in Miami a little after 7:20 and we headed down to grab our luggage. We saw that we could check in for the Breeze at the airport. The check in wasn't open yet but there was already a line of about 15-20 people in line. There was no one in line for the platinum/diamond check in so we got in that line and when the check in opened we were the first to check in. After check in we took a taxi over to the port.

Our first glimpse of the whale tail :)

image_zpsoqc0estp.jpg

We got dropped of at the port and we saw all the people disembarking from the ship. I felt bad for them because the vacation was coming to an end and I knew I would be going through that feeling soon enough

We dropped off our bags with a super friendly porter then took a cab to the Bayside Marketplace. It was still early and there weren't any stores open yet so we just walked around for a bit. We came across a place to eat and decided to get some breakfast.

Our breakfast view

image_zpsvaev2eav.jpg

image_zps5r4uzjzz.jpg

I can't remember the name of the place we ate at but it was quite good. I ordered a Greek omlet and it was pretty yummy.

After breakfast we walked down to CVS to get some water, wine and soda to bring on board. Then we took a taxi back to the port.

There is our home for the next 8 days :)

image_zpstoisssn4.jpg

Since we had already checked in and had gotten our sign and sail cards the only thing we had to do at the port was the security check. After security we headed upstairs and waited for boarding. We boarded and about 12:00ish and once we were on board we had one mission........ To be the first ones at the Red Frog Pub! So we walked up two flights of stairs with our back packs, wine, soda and water and headed down the promenade to the Pub. We walked in and there was a film crew filming something not sure what though. We talked to the bartender for a bit then asked if anyone had gotten to the pub before us. The bartender Adrian said, "Congrats you are the first ones" so we got the free Beer.

Adrian pouring our beer

image_zpsz9ymtepr.jpg

Then he brought us behind the bar to take our picture

image_zpsqnmadjfn.jpg

The picture was posted on John Heald's FB page and was shown throughout the cruise at the Red Frog Pub :(

We took our beers and headed out to the lania where we found a glider and sat for a bit.

Diane and her free beer

image_zps3diynz6x.jpg

Me and my beer

image_zpsquh1pwir.jpg

After having a beers we headed to our cabin to put our stuff down. We had an inside upper/lower cabin and I think it could be the smallest cabin on the ship :)

We went and got some lunch at the Italian place. The Italian place has a charge for dinner but is free for lunch. I would highly recommend it. It is really good. They give you a paper and you choose your pasta, your sauce and what meats and veggies you want in it. You can also choose lasagna, which in my opinion was not that good. I'm used to lasagna with ground meat in it. This had slices of steak in it. Also you a order ceasar salad and bread.

After lunch we explored the ship. The Breeze is huge, I've sailed on Conquest class ships and also Fantasy class ships and the Dream class is so much larger.

There were three ships in port that day the Breeze, the Glory and the Norweigan Getaway.

The Getaway

image_zpsrsbdjvjq.jpg

Then it was finalally time for.........

image_zpsbjcoy2fw.jpg

Me with my first shade ade of the cruise

image_zpseauxjaaz.jpg

Sail aways are alway fun.

Sail away deck party with our cruise director Matt

image_zpss7mpmt4m.jpg

The Cat in the Hat and Things 1 &2 even came to party with us

image_zpsew5giukt.jpg

image_zps1mc88ghw.jpg

The Glory left befor we did and we got into a horn battle with her

The Glory passing by

image_zps4tczakk3.jpg

image_zpsnbrno6ml.jpg

The glory is a good ship. She was the one we sailed on our last cruise in Jan

After the Glory sailed away it was our turn. We decided to go sit on a copule of loungers on deck 5 and watch us sail away. We did something that I haven't done before. We sailed away from the ocean, turned around and sailed into the ocean.

Sailing away

image_zps0w7grljr.jpg

image_zpsxmnrujmp.jpg

image_zpssnadqdda.jpg

It was fun seeing all the people waving to the ship as we sailed by waving back to them.

After sail away we went back to our cabin and met our cabin steward Jonnathan. He was really friendly at chatted with us a lot during the cruise. He turned out to be the best cabin steward I ever had

We got ready for dinner and headed down to the Sapphire dining room where we had anytime dining. We checked in and they put us a table for 2. Diane and I usually prefer sitting with larger groups but this time we were okay with a table for 2 because we wanted to get through dinner quickly so we could get to the piano bar.

I don't remembet what we had for dinner but just about everything I ate was good.

After dinner we went back to the cabin to change and saw this little guy waitng for us

A stingray

image_zpsb2gsqvpj.jpg

We then headed to check out the piano bar. This is where we ended up spending every night. The PBE was Seth Gibson and he was AMAZING!!! He had a wide variety of songs and after 11 he did an adults only show. We stayed til the bar closed every night.

After the bar we went back to the cabin and ordered some room service then called it a night

Subscribed! Loving your review already! I also live in SoCal and am considering a cruise aboard the Glory for March 2016! This would be my first Caribbean cruise and first time flying to the East Coast! Can't wait to hear more about your trip!!