New luxury small ship line, Haimark

Thanks, I guess I'll start packing, we fly to Montreal on July 4th. Keeping fingers crossed just in case.;)

I just spoke on the phone to the Haimark Travel booking office and the lady said that St Laurent will be ready for the 5th July sailing!:D

I just spoke on the phone to the Haimark Travel booking office and the lady said that St Laurent will be ready for the 5th July sailing!:D

applause.gif

Great, we're really looking forward to this cruise. I'll be tracking the ship when it comes out of dry dock.

Thanks for the information.

Anxious to hear the reports of cruises on this ship. We've traveled with Blount and adored seeing the Great Lakes. Hopefully someone will pick up a trip that includes Superior.

What was this ship before she was renamed?

Thanks for the links and information re: this line!

Will let you know how we go - from what I have discovered the ship was most recently the MV Sea Voyager and used as an accommodation ship for a college or similar - and it was built in 2001 and was called Cape May Light (sister to Cape Cod Light) and it seems someone went broke either before it became Sea Voyager or soon after. http://www.cybercruises.com/camaficrcrmay01.htm

There is probably more info if you search for it!

We're very disappointed that we are not going. I am also disappointed in the companies lack of communications with its customers.

Did they say why??

I thought the hole would be fixed by the time of the cruise

Sorry to hear that

I was hoping to try them but this yr is out for us

supposed to get something from them in an email. still waiting. Their communications leaves something to be desired.

Have you tried calling their 1-800 number to confirm your cruise is indeed cancelled ??

We're very disappointed that we are not going. I am also disappointed in the companies lack of communications with its customers.

Really? We haven't heard anything from Haimark about the 7/5 cancellation. I'll try to call them today.

• 2 weeks later...

Was advised on July 7, by my tour operator that the repairs to the ship are done and the July 23 cruise is a go. This cruise is marketed in France and Quebec. i have no information about the July 14 departure. BTW where is the ship in August? The French cruises restart Aug. 28 and continue into late September

Was advised on July 7, by my tour operator that the repairs to the ship are done and the July 23 cruise is a go. This cruise is marketed in France and Quebec. i have no information about the July 14 departure. BTW where is the ship in August? The French cruises restart Aug. 28 and continue into late September

According to the news update the Jul 14 th cruise is going ahead

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6417

On the Haimark website

starting July 30 they do Montreal to Portland & Portland to Montreal route

http://www.haimarkline.com/

Please post when you return about the trip

Thanks

Lyn

According to the news update the Jul 14 th cruise is going ahead

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6417

On the Haimark website

starting July 30 they do Montreal to Portland & Portland to Montreal route

http://www.haimarkline.com/

Please post when you return about the trip

Thanks

Lyn

I am hoping that the July 14 sailing is 'a go' She is to stop in Sault Ste Marie Mi across the border from me and would love to have a look at her up close.

No info on the website as to the time of arrival or departure. Any ideas where I might find that info.

I am hoping that the July 14 sailing is 'a go' She is to stop in Sault Ste Marie Mi across the border from me and would love to have a look at her up close.

No info on the website as to the time of arrival or departure. Any ideas where I might find that info.

I am not sure how you find that out

Maybe you can call the harbour master or since it is the first time there it may be in the local news

Lyn

I am not sure how you find that out

Maybe you can call the harbour master or since it is the first time there it may be in the local news

Lyn

Lyn... we rarely if ever get a cruise ship here. I did find out after posting that the cruisers will disembark on the Canadian side and then be bused to the US side of the river.

At least I can see her dock without crossing over. Maybe our local media will know. Thank you

Hello - I was concerned about our 21st October booking and received this from the Haimark Line passenger services manager when I queried it:

"The MS St. Laurent was involved in an accident in the Eisenhower locks a little over 2 weeks ago. She sustained damage to the front part of her hull and we expected her to be repaired in-time for our July 5th sailing. The repairs though, had taken a bit longer than expected and we had to cancel our July 5th sailing. Our next sailing is the July 14th sailing and repairs are expected to be complete for this cruise. We do not anticipate this accident affecting any further sailings, including the October 21st cruise that you are confirmed on.

Their email address is info@haimarktravel.com

best of luck!

Hello - I was concerned about our 21st October booking and received this from the Haimark Line passenger services manager when I queried it:

"The MS St. Laurent was involved in an accident in the Eisenhower locks a little over 2 weeks ago. She sustained damage to the front part of her hull and we expected her to be repaired in-time for our July 5th sailing. The repairs though, had taken a bit longer than expected and we had to cancel our July 5th sailing. Our next sailing is the July 14th sailing and repairs are expected to be complete for this cruise. We do not anticipate this accident affecting any further sailings, including the October 21st cruise that you are confirmed on.

Their email address is info@haimarktravel.com

best of luck!

Yes, our July 5th sailing was cancelled and I see the ship is currently on its way to Montreal. I wonder if the July 14th sailing is going to be reversed, since it was suppose to leave from Chicago.

Yes, our July 5th sailing was cancelled and I see the ship is currently on its way to Montreal. I wonder if the July 14th sailing is going to be reversed, since it was suppose to leave from Chicago.

I found her on a cruise ship tracker site this morning. ETA is Montreal July 14 @ 12 noon. I was thinking the same thing she would start in Montreal

Was the July 14th part of the chartered group ?

I think the 5th was supposed to depart Chicago

Hope no more mishaps ;)

Looking into next year

Edited by LHT28

Was the July 14th part of the chartered group ?

I think the 5th was supposed to depart Chicago

Hope no more mishaps ;)

Looking into next year

The July 14th sailing was listed in their brochure, Chicago to Montreal.

No, the 5th was from Montreal to Chicago.