Cruise/Maritime Magellan

lolmerry

Hi,booked to sail on the magellan, has anyone got a bar menu with the drinks prices on as i dont know if i should book the all inclusive at 17pounds per person,We dont drink alot,but a cocktail and a couple glasses of wine,perhaps a odd brandy,If i knew the prices i could see if its worth it,if there is someone thats been on this ship and knows about the prices please reply,I think this has been asked before but no prices listed,,,please help :)

Hi,

We're on the Magellan end of July and also cruised on it in April. I can't remember all the prices, however a large glass of red or white wine is £5, Cocktails approx £4.50, large draught beer approx £4.30 or thereabouts. We have taken the package.

Have a look at the Wine Package. We were on Marco Polo last year and found it worthwhile. You dont need to book it in advance, you get a book of vouchers for wine and water. We found it saved us buying water at £1.99 for the cabin.

• 1 month later...
Hi,booked to sail on the magellan, has anyone got a bar menu with the drinks prices on
Just returned from 12 nights on Magellan.

I do not recall the exact prices but they went something like this (+/- 50p):

Planned drinking:

one mocktail of the day before lunch - about £3

one cocktail of the day with lunch - about £3

one pre-dinner cocktail - about £4

one glass of sparkling wine with starter - about £4

one glass of house wine with main course - about £4

one glass of port with cheese - about £4

Planned spend: £22 per person per day

Drinks package: £17 per person per day

Actual drinking:

Sitting up in a sequence of bars until 1:30 to 3:30 with our table partners: about £58 per day for us; one couple spent over £100 per day a few times.

On previous cruises on other cruise lines where "cocktail" meant one shot of spirits + some bottled fruit juice + lots of soda water @ US$8 per drink and the awful wine was even dearer, we spent about £40 per week and were miserable because of it. "Can we afford a cocktail of the day?" "I don't know, it depends on what it is?" On CMV's Magellan the sequence was to order the drink, taste it, then try to guess what it was from the spirits in it :p

If you like a drink on holiday, the drinks package is worth it.

Edited by S-and-J
Added a conclusion.