Hotel In Copenhagen

WendyD

My family of four is staying two nights in Copenhagen before a cruise in May 2016 and are looking at a moderately priced hotel to stay that is within walking distance to sightseeing and in a safe part of town. Easy to get to from the airport and cruise terminal.

My children are older, so we are open to getting two hotel rooms if needed.

Any suggestions? One place I was looking at was the Avenue Hotel, it looks like it gets decent reviews on tripadvisor.

Thank you!!

Avenue is a good hotel but is located a little bit away from the downtown area but 5 minutes away on foot from Forum metro station.

Have you looked at the 2 Wake Up hotels (preferably the hotel at Borgergade)

But what dates are you looking at and what is moderately priced? If i got these info I can come with some better suggestios.

Thank you for your reply.

We are looking at Friday May 27 to Sunday May 29. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

If I could get something less than a total of $1000 for two nights, that would be great. I was looking at the Marriott and a family room was around 1100. I am open to having two rooms or 1 room. Either works for us.

Thank you!!

We stayed at the Scandic Palace. It is across from Tivoli and at the foot of the pedestrian zone that is a direct line to pretty much everything you want to see. The rooms were huge by European standards. The breakfast buffet was very good. I'd highly recommend it. Our teens were in a room of their own next to us.

We stayed at the Hilton Copenhagen Airport and I really recommend it. It wasn't too expensive compared to the prices of some hotels in the centre of the city. The hotel is connected directly to the airport by covered walkway. There is a metro (the station is also beside the hotel) which takes you all the way in to the centre of Copenhagen in about 10-15 minutes. Also, the train to Malmo leaves from beside the hotel and takes 20 minutes. No noise from the rooms and the buffet breakfast was excellent. We then got a taxi to the cruise port.

Thank you for your reply.

We are looking at Friday May 27 to Sunday May 29. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

If I could get something less than a total of $1000 for two nights, that would be great. I was looking at the Marriott and a family room was around 1100. I am open to having two rooms or 1 room. Either works for us.

Thank you!!

I have not forgotten you, will be back on Monday'ish.

Here are a few of my picks.

Prices are from hotels.com for 2 rooms and for the dates you are travelling.

Hotel Alexandra near Rådhuspladsen is 784 USD and is rated the 16 best hotel in Copenhagen by tripadvisors members

DGI Byens hotel behind the central station for 882 USD

Savoy Hotel also behind the central station for 908 USD, its rated 25 out of the Copenhagen hotels.

Hotel Christian IV near Rosenborg and Amalienborg Palaces for 930 USD, rated as the 33rd best hotel.

Best Western Hotel City near Nyhavn at 969 USD, rated the 19th best.

First Hotel Mayfair at 1020 USD, located behind the central station and is rated the 28th best hotel.

My family of four is staying two nights in Copenhagen before a cruise in May 2016 and are looking at a moderately priced hotel to stay that is within walking distance to sightseeing and in a safe part of town. Easy to get to from the airport and cruise terminal.

My children are older, so we are open to getting two hotel rooms if needed.

Any suggestions? One place I was looking at was the Avenue Hotel, it looks like it gets decent reviews on tripadvisor.

Thank you!!

A good web site to check is "Booking.com" their prices seem lower than any of the others. :rolleyes:

Cato :)

Completed Cruises !

Pre-cruise Days - The Big Red Boat, 1993 ??

1st cruise - Coral Princess, 19 November 2008, 10 day Panama Canal, FLL to ACA

2nd cruise - Coral Princess, 15 May 2009, 3 day Repositioning, Los Angeles to Vancouver.

3rd cruise - Sapphire Princess, 25 November 2009? 7 day Mexican Riviera.

4th cruise - Golden Princes, 12 June 2010, 7 day Alaska. (Golden Anniversary Cruise)

5th Cruise - Island Princess, 04 October 2010, Vancouver - Los Angeles, Repositioning

6th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 05 January 2011, 10 day Mexican Riviera. LA to LA.

7th cruise - Golden Princess, 11 May 2011, 3 day, LA to Vancouver, Repositioning

8th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 14 May 2011, 1 day, Vancouver to Seattle, Repositioning

9th cruise - Coral Princess 19 May 2011 2 day, San Francisco to Vancouver, Repositioning

10th & 11th cruises - Coral Princess 02 July to 16 July 2011, round trip Vancouver - Whittier Alaska, B2B

12th & 13th cruises - Sapphire Princess, x2, Cabins, 18 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning

14th & 15th cruises - Golden Princess, x2, Cabins, 24 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning.

We have now reached Elite status with Princess Cruise Lines

16th cruise - Oasis of the Seas, 26 Nov. 2011, 7 day, Western Caribbean, Ft. Lauderdale, Ret.

17th & 18th cruises - Crown Princess B2B, 03 - 10 Dec & 10 - 17 Dec 2011, 14 Days, South & western Caribbean

19th cruise - Grand Princess, 31 Mar. - 07 April 2012, 7 Days, Eastern Caribbean, FLL - FLL

20th cruise - Island Princess, 06-16 June 2012, 10 day cruisetour Vancouver - Wittier

21th cruise - Emerald Princess, 16 day, 10 - 26 Sep. 2012, TA, Copenhagen - New York

22nd cruise - Carnival Ecstasy 10 - 14 January, 2013, 4 Day Bahamas, Port Canaveral Ret.

23rd cruise - Sapphire Princess 30 March - 06 April, 2013, 7 Day Coastal LA - LA

24th cruise - Coral Princess, 19 May - 22 May, 2013, 3 Day Repositioning Cruise, LA - Vancouver

25th cruise - Royal Princess 16 June - 05 July, 2013, 19 Day Inaugural cruise, Southampton - Venice.

26th cruise - Emerald Princess, 06 - 16 October, 2013, 10 Day Canada - New England, Quebec city to New York

27th cruise - Royal Princess, 24 November - 01 December, 2013, 7 Day,Eastern Caribbean, Fort Lauderdale Ret.

28th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 20 - 24 Jan, 2014, 4 Days, California

29th cruise - Crown Princess, 03 - 10 May 2014, 7 Day, LA to Vancouver.

30th cruise - Pacific Princess, 05 - 12 Aug. 2014, 7 Days, Vancouver RT, Alaska

31st cruise - Golden Princess, 13 - 17 Oct. 2014, 4 Days, LA - Mexican Riv, RT,

32nd cruise - Crown Princess, 20 - 27 Dec. 2014, 7 Days, LA - Mexican Riv, RT.

33rd cruise - Coral Princess, 27Apr. - 02 May.2015, 5 Days, LA - Vancouver, Repo