Have you/ are you going to cancel your NCL bookings

MrJoeBlack

In light of the overwhelming changes in such a short span is it enough to get you to cancel your current bookings?

Personally for my family and I the answer is YES, 2 Suites Cancelled and I'm not looking back at this train wreck until they realize constantly changing the product makes people feel uneasy and abused.

Why? The changes haven't been massive ones; if you're in a suite then there are most likely offers that anything other than increased gratituity is cancelled out. Free UBP, UDP and onboard credit.

Probably will cancel this weekend. Since I booked they have changed too much for my comfort and the cruise is still 200 days away. What next?

Should have bolted when the no take out food silliness went down, but since they about faced on that we stuck it out.

Changed DSC x2 , added room service fee, added 18% (although I don't know if it will affect us as we have the older UDP) reports of kids being turned away at kids club, a la carte change, let's see, anything else?

If I was in the Haven I might not have cancelled though. But I agree it looks like a train wreck.

Honestly thinking about canceling myself.... It's not just the constant change in prices (although it is not so high). I really don't like all the changes being made in such a short time span. Makes me trust the company less. May rebook sometime a long time from now, after there is a proven track record with these changes, and once they settle down a bit and we can go a full year without raising costs [emoji19]

In light of the overwhelming changes in such a short span is it enough to get you to cancel your current bookings?

Personally for my family and I the answer is YES, 2 Suites Cancelled and I'm not looking back at this train wreck until they realize constantly changing the product makes people feel uneasy and abused.

No way would i cancel. Cruising really is still the most affordable way to travel. As I have said many times before it seems like the people that are most upset are the veteran cruisers. Us newbies are still in awe of of everything.

Honestly thinking about canceling myself.... It's not just the constant change in prices (although it is not so high). I really don't like all the changes being made in such a short time span. Makes me trust the company less. May rebook sometime a long time from now, after there is a proven track record with these changes, and once they settle down a bit and we can go a full year without raising costs [emoji19]

No way would i cancel. Cruising really is still the most affordable way to travel. As I have said many times before it seems like the people that are most upset are the veteran cruisers. Us newbies are still in awe of of everything.

I'm actually a newbie myself-- only one cruise under my belt. I would feel the same with any business that operated this way. You start raising costs and changing policies every few months, and I'm going to start wondering how much I can trust you as a customer. JMO.

Do it. At this point you're so peeved at NCL, there's no way you would have a good time. We sailed several times with CELEBRITY, but after our cruise on the Solstice, we left. Same with HAL. But we did so quietly and deliberately. No "goodbye cruel world" posts for us. No "I'm gonna do it...I swear I'm gonna do it..really...I'm gonna do it" There are several cruise lines you can run to. sometimes a change of scenery is needed.

But if you're so firm in your convictions, why tell us? You don't need our permission. If you're unhappy with a restaurant at home, do you walk up to other tables and ask "are you happy here" do you stand outside and tell other customers "I'm never coming in here again". JUST GO ALREADY.

Edited by DCT61

No. One reason is I have booked my next cruises through central Europe so I would have to pay a cancellation fee. The other one is that it is a 31 day b2b cruise to south America. No way I am going to cancel it. But I haven't booked a 2016 cruise and probably won't at least not a long time before sail date.

I'll be hanging in there for a while. Booked Haven on the Escape Jan. 2016 before they added the mandatory 18% gratuity and we pre paid DSC at the old rate. Got all the promos. Booked a chartered cruise for October 2016 on the GA. Way over priced, but it'll be worth it. Booked June 2016 on BA to hold me over until October. Yes, the increase are annoying, but not enough to cancel these trips. Flirting with the idea of trying out RCI again in a couple of years. Maybe the Quatum.

No plans to cancel any of our 4 booked cruises (1 Haven and 3 suites). NCL still provides us with the cruise experience that we are looking for and the suite life cannot be matched by any other line that we have sailed to date.

Do it. At this point you're so peeved at NCL, there's no way you would have a good time. We sailed several times with CELEBRITY, but after our cruise on the Solstice, we left. Same with HAL. But we did so quietly and deliberately. No "goodbye cruel world" posts for us. No "I'm gonna do it...I swear I'm gonna do it..really...I'm gonna do it" There are several cruise lines you can run to. sometimes a change of scenery is needed.

But if you're so firm in your convictions, why tell us? You don't need our permission. If you're unhappy with a restaurant at home, do you walk up to other tables and ask "are you happy here" do you stand outside and tell other customers "I'm never coming in here again". JUST GO ALREADY.

From your mouth to God's ears but knowing most complainers, they're still going to sail even when the trip is 6 months away. Because if they were truly serious, they would had canceled it on Tuesday when the announcement about the dining changes happen. Heck, they should had canceled in March when the 1st DSC increase happen - most of them didn't at that time and sadly for the rest of us, they're not going to now. Pity, because they since to like wasting hundreds and thousands of money to be miserable to a company that making them irritable and frustrated instead to another company / place that will make them happy.

Nope.

I am not about to claim none for these changes has upset me, but I don't think any would cause me to cancel. They are not deal breakers and don't rally affect the overall cost that much. Everyone has to decide for themselves, but be honest and realize every line has a way of making money on us. They are in business to make money. I do think, NCL needs to find a better way to implement changes, so much, so close together is bound to p@SS people off. I don't know who is in charge of their marketing and PR dept. but someone needs to start annalizing the damage that might be occurring.

As long as the service continues to be good, the entertainmnet good, we have a positive experience and we can cruise for less than other vacations we will stay with NCL>

I am a NCL virgin, and will be sailing December 2016. I have been a loyal Princess cruiser, but am taking a chance on NCL due to sailing solo and not having to pay the supplement on NCL. I hope my experience is a good one. Unless things drastically change, I will not cancel.

No way. I've learned not to sweat the small stuff, and so far, the overall impact on my wallet is still very minimal. I have no anger towards NCL, even though I might shake my head at certain things. I'm going to roll with it and have a blast.

Edited by LrgPizza

We have a trip coming up in October on the Gem. Last trip was on the Breakaway before the NCL?Oceania/FDR stuff. At that time I thought the food/service had really gone in the dumpster. Since I booked the Gem trip in February price for a mini has gone up 700pp, tips twice, room service fee in place. Well Frank, you seem to have gotten more money per person as was your goal and you were going to FIX the company by June. Well all I can say is we will see in October, we are going but it could be the last.

Edited by hypercafe

LMAO

No way, we have 3 booked right now. I guess you need to find a cheaper cruise line. You need to relax and learn not to sweat the small stuff....you'll live longer:rolleyes:

Edited by Laszlo

Why? The changes haven't been massive ones; if you're in a suite then there are most likely offers that anything other than increased gratituity is cancelled out. Free UBP, UDP and onboard credit.

Agree

Well, I didn't cancel mainly because I have other family members going on the cruise. I did, however, change my cabin from an aft balcony to an inside cabin. Not a big hardship for us as we like inside cabins, but had booked an aft balcony before we knew family was going on the cruise (figured if it was just the two of us we would spend a lot of time out on the balcony). Anyway, when I got the email about the service charge increase I decided to keep some of my money and give less to NCL. Now, it doesn't really do anything to NCL's bottom line as they will definitely fill that aft balcony, but it does make me feel a little better about my own response to NCL constant nickel and diming especially after a booking. I have gone on about 20 cruises and have always loved them, but I really wish they would just increase the cost of the cruise price and stop trying to find ways to squeeze a little more out of you, it is just a bad way to do business. We used to sail with Princess but since auto gratuity came to be ,well, quite honestly, the service just went to crap. NCL is still maintaining good service, so I will still stay with them, but honestly we cruise a lot less now...just get tired of the nickel/dime stuff plus the food isn't as good as it used to be. My biggest complaint about this increase is that it just makes people angry about the auto-gratuity. I'm sure there will be a lot of people who just get frustrated and not tip at all. Again, there is no easy solution other then to raise cruise prices and pay employees a decent salary. That will probably never happen. Or, raise cruise prices, pay a decent salary, remove auto-tip and go back to people paying for great service (I know I miss those days). I really used to enjoy giving them their little white envelopes...I do think service was better back then. Anyway, just my opinion, I'm sure someone will have a snarky response (one of the reasons I cut back on here, as well). I do agree with the other poster...cruising is still a very economical way of traveling and absolutely nothing beats going to bed while being rocked by the ocean.