How Long Does Disembarkation Take?

Marla07860

March 5th-March 9th, 2016 will be my first NCL cruise. I'm on Parahoy. I'm wondering how long it takes to disembark the ships or is it different for the sixth man cruises. I want to get off the ship early since we are driving to Disney World after for the day. Last time we drove from Miami to Orlando, we made to there by 1:00pm and had left a little after 8:00am. We are doing a DCL cruise from PC, so only got that one day getting off the ship to do a park. I've cruised DCL so I know disembarking those ships is easy, wasn't sure if NCL was too. Also booked a mini-suite if that helps

Edited by Marla07860

Parthony? 6th man?

On NCL you can do self disembarkation if you can carry all of your luggage off and get off pretty early as soon as the ship clears customs. If you need porters it takes a bit longer and you have to wait until your number or color is called.

Parthony? 6th man?

On NCL you can do self disembarkation if you can carry all of your luggage off and get off pretty early as soon as the ship clears customs. If you need porters it takes a bit longer and you have to wait until your number or color is called.

Interesting( did not know): Norwegian Pearl

http://www.parahoy.com/transportation/port/

Edited by $hip$hape

Not cool enough to know Parahoy :cool:

With self disembarkation just don't put your luggage out the night before and you can walk off as soon as the ship is cleared...usually pretty early 6:30 or 7:00 am The only rule is you have to be able to handle your own luggage all the way thru customs......not hard with wheelie bags.

Not cool enough to know Parahoy :cool:

With self disembarkation just don't put your luggage out the night before and you can walk off as soon as the ship is cleared...usually pretty early 6:30 or 7:00 am The only rule is you have to be able to handle your own luggage all the way thru customs......not hard with wheelie bags.

cool thanks for the info, is it like DCL where they want to try to have everyone off by 9:00am? just wonder incase we go the way where we don't have to carry off luggage

I can't speak for the NCL Pearl as I've never been on her but in NYC on the Gem & Breakaway they are very laid back on getting you off the ship. The DO ask that you vacate your cabins by 0900 but you can hang out in the public areas (Garden Café, Atrium, etc.) till 1000. I've heard stories of people in suites staying onboard as late as 1100 but that's anecdotal so I can't vouch for it.

Will have to look into this "parahoy"...dunno if we're "cool" enough but it sounds like a lotta fun....lol

Enjoy your cruise!

Tom

I can't speak for the NCL Pearl as I've never been on her but in NYC on the Gem & Breakaway they are very laid back on getting you off the ship. The DO ask that you vacate your cabins by 0900 but you can hang out in the public areas (Garden Café, Atrium, etc.) till 1000. I've heard stories of people in suites staying onboard as late as 1100 but that's anecdotal so I can't vouch for it.

Will have to look into this "parahoy"...dunno if we're "cool" enough but it sounds like a lotta fun....lol

Enjoy your cruise!

Tom

Well Parahoy is sold out this year, sold out in pre-sale