Back On Ship Times - Mexico - Combo Tours Possible?

trnmba

Hello! Will be traveling on Carnival Miracle later this year and trying to determine excursions for myself and my 14 year old twins. What time do we have to be back onboard and how early should I book an excursion based on arrival time. We do not want to go thru the cruise time.

Mazatlan seems kind of short with a 5:00PM departure time. In Mazatlan we were thinking Stone Island but a quick city tour before would be ideal. In Cabo we would like to sail/snorkel or kayak snorkel and in Puerto Vallarta we would like to zip line. Would we still have time to do something after at these locations. Not sure who we are going to use yet in any location but wanted to check the timing.

Thanks so much!!!

As a general rule, passengers are asked to back aboard 30 minutes before sailing.

Carnival, on the MR itinerary, makes it difficult for passengers to pre-book tours independently. It is almost impossible to know if the posted arrival/departure time are ship's time or port local time as it seems to change at the drop of a hat. I hate be one of those people that tells you to ask what current policy re: arrival/departure time is on the Carnival board. Make sure you are specific about the ship, the itinerary and why you are asking. People tend to drone on about their experience in the Med two years ago like it should have some meaning on the MR route.

I do suggest you contact the excursion operator directly, tell them what ship you will be on and ask if you will be able to book with them. They know the comings and goings of the ship's better then most people here.

Having said all this . . . Current reports seem to indicate the ship's time will stay on California time throughout the cruise. That means Cabo & Mazatlan local time is 1 hour ahead of the ship while Vallarta would be 2 hour ahead of ship's time. And if you are cruising during the time period when the US is doing the Daylight Savings thing while the rest of world isn't . . . all bets are off.

Enjoy!