Puerto Vallarta - Las Caletas Private Beach Getaway

jolly_cruiser

Hello All,

Looking for some advice from cruises who have done this beach in Puerta Vallarta.

We ( Wife, myself and a 6 year old ) will be in Puerto Vallara in early Mary on the Crown Princess and we are thinking about the Las Caleta Private Beach Getaway.

We prefer the tours through the cruise ship since at this location.

Has anyone been to this beach or tour before and would recommend it for us with the kid? We are looking for a nice beach to spend most of the day with snorkeling, some kids activities and the usual water activities.

Any feedback on this beach or tour would be very useful for us to make the decision.

Thanks in Advance.

I have been to Las Caletas several times. My daughter was married there and it was a fairytale wedding. We took a day trip there through Vallarta Adventures and it was fabulous. I'm not sure that any other tour operators go there. There is a whole section for children that includes exotic animals so I would not hesitate to bring a 6 yr old. The day includes a welcome meal , a delicious buffet lunch in a gorgeous outdoor setting and drinks. Snorkeling, hiking ,cooking demonstrations are included. For abou$40 you can get a 50 min. Massage. The day ends about 2 pm and the boat ride back to the marina is less than an hour. I always recommend this people visiting PV.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I have been to Las Caletas several times. My daughter was married there and it was a fairytale wedding. We took a day trip there through Vallarta Adventures and it was fabulous. I'm not sure that any other tour operators go there. There is a whole section for children that includes exotic animals so I would not hesitate to bring a 6 yr old. The day includes a welcome meal , a delicious buffet lunch in a gorgeous outdoor setting and drinks. Snorkeling, hiking ,cooking demonstrations are included. For abou$40 you can get a 50 min. Massage. The day ends about 2 pm and the boat ride back to the marina is less than an hour. I always recommend this people visiting PV.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thank you very much. This is very good feedback and i think i will go far this activity with the kid.

Vallartadventures not only has an exclusive contract with cruiseships, they also own the place. So you will not find any other operators going there.

It is a nice beachday with many inclusive. You will sail through Banderas Bay to get there (and back).

I was there in Dec 2015 while on the Princess 50th anniversary cruise. We had an unusual overnight stay and I did the Rythums of the Night tour which was fantastic. I'm not beach person but enjoyed it so much on my next visit I'd do the day beach excursion. Looked like lots to see and do and the buffet was fantastic.

We plan on going to Las Caletas when we are in PV in October. Our ship is going to be docked in PV overnight so we are trying to decide whether to do the day excursion or the Rhythms of the Night instead. Has anyone done both of these and give feedback as to which they preferred and why?

Las Caletas has so many good reviews and we plan to go for sure but just trying to decide on either the day excursion there or the Rhythms of the Night show there instead. Thanks for any feedback.

We plan on going to Las Caletas when we are in PV in October. Our ship is going to be docked in PV overnight so we are trying to decide whether to do the day excursion or the Rhythms of the Night instead. Has anyone done both of these and give feedback as to which they preferred and why?

Las Caletas has so many good reviews and we plan to go for sure but just trying to decide on either the day excursion there or the Rhythms of the Night show there instead. Thanks for any feedback.

In this case do the Rhytm of the nights. It is a nice boatride to get there, food is good, the show and the location very special.

My daughter (18) and I did both in December and we were glad we did. The ROTN dinner and show is so beautiful. It is all by candlelight as you approach by boat. You then eat dinner within feet of the water. The show is excellent. We did not notice a bug problem. The next day we returned for the day excursion. We did scuba diving for the first time. When you are on the boat ride over they will be walking around to sell the extra activities; massage, scuba, sea lions etc. the time went very fast; wish it was longer. We are going back in March with my husband and son and will probably do more relaxing and just enjoying the beautiful setting.

I thought the Rhythms of the Night show was fantastic. The shore excursion Manager and his staff on the Pacific Princess also went along and also loved it. No issues with bugs at all. The island was lit only by flaming torches and thousands of candles, show was amazing. The buffet dinner was surprisingly good. One of the best excursions I've been on.

I'm looking forward to a return in the daylight next time I'm in PV

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to chime in and say we did the las Caletas day was fun for our family. The time there went by fast. There is a boat ride there and back. We took some ginger essential oil for motion sickness. (Two of us are a bit sensitive) The girls did a zip line & meet the monkeys experience. We then hit the beach and snorkeled. The water was a bit murky but one of the guides went with us and brought up starfish, pufferfish and there was even a sea turtle.

433481a6b6b526a404cf9d4bdf3569ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're going with a child and want them to do the activities there, expect a very rigid schedule. They have specific times for the kids to do the zip lining, etc. Parents have to accompany them on the donkey ride, too. This was all a surprise for us and we had to plan our "relaxing" day around the scheduled kids activities. I would have much rather spent the afternoon on the lovely beach with a cold drink, rather than hiking through the hills in my flip flops, pulling a donkey.

That said... it's a wonderful location. Terrific service. Beautiful beach.

After the kids activities, there was very little time to actually sit and relax. Maybe an hour.