Cabo San Lucas and Puerto Vallarta excursion questions

docboy

Family and I are taking the April 2nd Mexican Riveria cruise to to Cabos and Puerto Vallarta with the Carnival Miracle. Usually what I do for most excursions, I wait until I get off the ship and buy them at the shops/stands, as Carnival and other cruise lines usually hike up prices.

However, one excursion I'm interested in is the Sea Lion in Puerto Vallarta. Carnival has a bundle special of 20% if I book excursions within the next 24hrs. Sea Lion is currently $99 per person. Good deal? Or should I wait until I get off the ship and see if any stands/shops sell the Sea Lion activity at a lower cost?

Also, any other excursions you recommend for Cabos or Puerto Vallarta> Ship will be in Cabos for 2 days and Puerto Vallarta 1 day.

Thanks!

Family and I are taking the April 2nd Mexican Riveria cruise to to Cabos and Puerto Vallarta with the Carnival Miracle. Usually what I do for most excursions, I wait until I get off the ship and buy them at the shops/stands, as Carnival and other cruise lines usually hike up prices.

However, one excursion I'm interested in is the Sea Lion in Puerto Vallarta. Carnival has a bundle special of 20% if I book excursions within the next 24hrs. Sea Lion is currently $99 per person. Good deal? Or should I wait until I get off the ship and see if any stands/shops sell the Sea Lion activity at a lower cost?

Also, any other excursions you recommend for Cabos or Puerto Vallarta> Ship will be in Cabos for 2 days and Puerto Vallarta 1 day.

Thanks!

We booked a snorkeling/catamaran tour with Pez Gato on Cabo. It was one of the best excursions we've ever taken. Google pezgato dot com. You can also check them out on TripAdvisor.

If you really want to do the Sea Lions, book it with Carnival. I am pretty sure that that tour books only with the ships when they are in port. We had it booked privately about 6 months in advance of our cruise last year and the vendor cancelled about 3 months out and told us they had a contract with Carnival.

If the whales are out, best whale trip I've been on was in Cabo. And make sure you go to Cabo Wabo..

Thanks I'll take a look at it!

If you really want to do the Sea Lions, book it with Carnival. I am pretty sure that that tour books only with the ships when they are in port. We had it booked privately about 6 months in advance of our cruise last year and the vendor cancelled about 3 months out and told us they had a contract with Carnival.

Wow, good to know, thanks for sharing. I'll have to book it with Carnival then. Apparently there are a few excursions that are limited to cruise bookings only. I remember once in Jamaica that there were no vendors outside; I had to scramble and book an excursion when we were all at the pier outside.

Our family like the Las Caletas beach hideaway in Puerto Vallarta.

Just know if you have kids they get ONE donkey ride that you pull the donkey up a hill and ONE zip line tour, not unlimited as we were led to believe by the excursion info. That aside it was excellent.

• 5 months later...
We booked a snorkeling/catamaran tour with Pez Gato on Cabo. It was one of the best excursions we've ever taken. Google pezgato dot com. You can also check them out on TripAdvisor.

Do you recommend Pez Gato with kids? (11&14)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app