Ding together with different cabin levels

renysmom

I understand that Aurea cabins are assigned a special section of a main dining room. We are being told that if we as Aurea level and friends are Fantastica level we can not dine together even if we are willing not to sit in the Aurea section. Can anyone explain this? As Aurea we have anytime dining and our friends who are Fantastica have Flex late so we should be able to go at the same time. Surely lots those who cruise do so with family and friends who are in different cabin levels but want to eat together.

Can anyone explain how they have done this with different cabin levels sharing meals in the main dining rooms.

Seating is assigned based on cabin positions within the ship. It would be logistically impossible to have people choosing which areas of the dining room they want to sit in. There are a number of places allocated for Aurea as is the case for other 'experiences' cabins. For example, if there were 300 allocated for Fantastica and they assign those 300 to Fantastica experience guests, how would they be able to accommodate your request?

Seating is assigned based on cabin positions within the ship. It would be logistically impossible to have people choosing which areas of the dining room they want to sit in. There are a number of places allocated for Aurea as is the case for other 'experiences' cabins. For example, if there were 300 allocated for Fantastica and they assign those 300 to Fantastica experience guests, how would they be able to accommodate your request?

I know that MSC operates differently from most mainstream US lines, but I feel like this is something that can be done easily. With other cruise lines, you link the reservations so that they know to seat the parties together. Perhaps allowing the Aurea person to bump down to Fantastica seating if thats the case. Maybe it's not possible based on their system. Maybe they could have a mixed seating area just for those who are traveling with parties in another experience.

All ideas of course, I dont run their company or make their decisions.

It is definitely possible. I did this last week with my group on the Divina. We had two cabins with the Aurea package and one with the Fantastica. We could either dine at any time with our mates with the Aurea or at 8:30pm only with our mates with the fantastica. Contact your TA and have them connect the reservations. When you check in online, it will also confirm the connection and give you the option to connect more reservations.

Agreed with MiamiChillin. We did this on the 6/10 sailing. We had 2 Fantastica cabins, 1 Aurea, and 1 Yacht Club. We just had to link our reservations together and had 2 tables reserved for our group the entire week. If everyone didn't show up, no big deal. The tables were still reserved for us throughout the week.