MSC Cruises Extends Final Payment Date for Bookings

LauraS

Yes, I got caught in that tangle yesterday when my TA re-fared us for the 5% status match discount. It then triggered the 90 day thing because it "changed" the booking so I had to pay in full. (Not that it was an issue; it was more of a "WTH?" which seems rather common with MSC)

Yes, I got caught in that tangle yesterday when my TA re-fared us for the 5% status match discount. It then triggered the 90 day thing because it "changed" the booking so I had to pay in full. (Not that it was an issue; it was more of a "WTH?" which seems rather common with MSC)

Is this just for the USA or is it Europe as well?

Will it include existing bookings or just new ones?

Pete

Posted this over a week ago !

Same thing happened with me, Dave, on a couple of occasions. I started a thread with info and Laura put up a stickie a few hours later with the very same 'latest news'.

I've replied on a couple of her threads about her writing 'Latest Seabourn news'. She doesn't seem to follow up. I also spoke with Adam Coulter, the senior editor in UK, who was on Meraviglia at the same as we were, about Laura always saying latest Seabourn news. He said he'd mention it to her. However, it still continues. :confused:

I've replied on a couple of her threads about her writing 'Latest Seabourn news'. She doesn't seem to follow up. I also spoke with Adam Coulter, the senior editor in UK, who was on Meraviglia at the same as we were, about Laura always saying latest Seabourn news. He said he'd mention it to her. However, it still continues. :confused:

I know it's a minor thing but it also really bugs me that she always does this.

Is this just for the USA or is it Europe as well?

Will it include existing bookings or just new ones?

Pete

I doubt it will include existing booking.

It's currently still different across Europe. For example, in Belgium it is 30 days out, while in the Netherlands it is 42 days out. But in Belgium you pay 30% deposit and in the Netherlands 20%. So all these general conditions, for different countries and in different languages would need to be changed. Since deposits are non-refundable in Europe it is less essential for MSC to have full payment so early.

I was in touch with MSC UK regarding my current bookings. I got the following response:

As far as I'm aware our conditions on balances being paid has not changed. This being 63 days prior to sail date as normal.