March in the Mediterranean-weather?

Love2Cruz2015

I am sort of regretting cancelling this cruise. I have accepted the weather will not be pool/beach weather, but it will probably be great touring weather. there is a nice itinerary on the Musica that starts in South of Spain that goes to Sicily, Malta and then north to Croatia and Venice. I know Venice will be cold but the others should be comfortable sweater weather.

The price is outrageously inexpensive and I like the itinerary better than the Meraviglia. Hmmmmm :rolleyes::o:cool:

We are acclimated to Germany, not Florida, so of course that makes a difference, but late fall (Oct/nov) and early spring (March/April) are by far our favourite time to sail the Eastern Med. and those more southern Western ports---as you say it is amazingly good touring weather (and, for you, why fly all the way over here if not to see the ports?) and there are so many fewer crowds.

Then again, I would say 50% of our crusies we never bother to go in the pool at all, so . . .

• 10 months later...

How was the weather when you last cruised in March/April? We will be on Meraviglia March 31-April 7th-Western Mediterranean. Enjoy cooler weather for sightseeing, and indoor pool will be fine. Less crowded in Ports compared to June-September. Anyone else cruised this area in March/April?

i'm taking med cruise from rome on 27th March. we're a couple with an infant baby. not looking for too much sea or pool time. will be staying indoors most of the time. our baby doesn't like hot weather and crowded places (as of now). This is my first cruise so dont know but i feel this it the right one for us. what do others feel?

The weather can be very unsettled at this time of the year in the Med. You could be very fortunate and get lovely, warm, sunny weather or it could be horrendous. No-one can predict what it will be like when you cruise.

However, the ship won't be full of kids like in the Summer months and it is a nicer time to visit the ports as they're not so busy due to being off-season. But it's off-season for a reason!