Main Dining Room - When is it open for lunch?

DoggyDaddy

When is the Main Dining Room open for lunch - any difference between sea days an port days?

Also, what appetizers are available in the Pinnacle for lunch? Can you have more than one? Sometimes I would rather have some apps than the entree.

DD

MDR usually open for lunch on embarkation day plus sea days. Unusual for the MDR to be open on port days any longer.

Pinnacle is open on a varied schedule for lunch: seems to be a ship to ship thing. As to appetizers in the Pinnacle: a couple of salads, soup, beef carpaccio, excellent, small crabcakes, prawn bruchetta. I've made an entree of a double order of the crabcakes plus some veggies.. You can have multiple appetizers, but the entrees are pretty good, too.

Edited by SilvertoGold

When is the Main Dining Room open for lunch - any difference between sea days an port days?

Also, what appetizers are available in the Pinnacle for lunch? Can you have more than one? Sometimes I would rather have some apps than the entree.

DD

Here is the PG Lunch menu:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Pinnacle-Grill16.pdf

I think the main dining room was open when the ship arrived in port after noon. I may be confusing our HAL cruise with the Princess one we did two months before it. We went to some of the same islands.

It is hard to predict if the dining room will be open on sea days.

We have been on cruises when it was closed on sea days because of special events like the Mariner's brunch.

Yes, it does happen.

It's been my experience lately that the pinnacle doesn't seem to be open as much as it used to be in port. I've had difficultly getting reservations when it's open because they say it's full. If a person knows early in the cruise when they want to go it's a good idea to make reservations early.

MDR usually open for lunch on embarkation day plus sea days. Unusual for the MDR to be open on port days any longer.

Pinnacle is open on a varied schedule for lunch: seems to be a ship to ship thing. As to appetizers in the Pinnacle: a couple of salads, soup, beef carpaccio, excellent, small crabcakes, prawn bruchetta. I've made an entree of a double order of the crabcakes plus some veggies.. You can have multiple appetizers, but the entrees are pretty good, too.

Also burgers.

Yes, it does happen.

It's been my experience lately that the pinnacle doesn't seem to be open as much as it used to be in port. I've had difficultly getting reservations when it's open because they say it's full. If a person knows early in the cruise when they want to go it's a good idea to make reservations early.

Had a lot of trouble getting even one lunch in the Pinnacle (17 day cruise). Seems to be a staffing thing with a small number of tables available to book at lunch.