Vista Havana?

kc58ab

Love the idea of quieter, restricted access pool area that Havana offers. When I booked my cruise there weren't any interior Havana rooms available for 2 ppl. One room for 4 which was abut 3k total. So today I see a Havana room for 2 interior...about 2500. I'm surprised it is that high, it is 800 more than interior room I have now. Thoughts on if it is worth price. Is it typically that much more? I like the darker interior rooms and have normally done midship bc I can get nausea. So also advise of how much more movement is the Aft in comparison. Thanks in advance...

We paid $2338 for 2 in our Havana Extended Aft Balcony. My friend had a Havana Inside and her rate was $1568 (single occupancy which is the same as 2 people). The prices were before taxes and tips. Ours was a Spring Break cruise, so I'm assuming rates were higher than usual.

That sounds like an awful lot. I totally think Havana is awesome and it is the ONLY way I would ever step foot on a Vista Class ship again, but that seems a little nuts.

You shouldn't have that much movement down low (I'm guessing you're on 5).

Yes, the Havana room is on 5. Wow your rates sound great, the interior I have booked not Havana is more then 1500 for 2. I'm torn as I think I'd love the Havana area. When I think in terms of reality of 3 sea days I'd use it that's over 100 a day per person so stared to think maybe not worth it. Did u book yours way out or close to sailing time? Normally I haven't booked 9 months out like this before.

My friend changed cabins from a PT January 8 for our March 19 cruise. We changed cabins from a 6A December 10. Keep in mind we were on a 6 day, but if you divide the price by the number of days, you can see our rates were still lower.

You may find that as it gets close to final payment date, people will cancel but that's not indicative of prices coming down. I say if Havana is that important to you, snag an inside and then see if a balcony opens up later and see what the price is. You could always move. Or maybe there will be a lot of insides canceling and then they may come down but I wouldn't count on it. Or just stay where you're at and have extra spending money.

Love the idea of quieter, restricted access pool area that Havana offers. When I booked my cruise there weren't any interior Havana rooms available for 2 ppl. One room for 4 which was abut 3k total. So today I see a Havana room for 2 interior...about 2500. I'm surprised it is that high, it is 800 more than interior room I have now. Thoughts on if it is worth price. Is it typically that much more? I like the darker interior rooms and have normally done midship bc I can get nausea. So also advise of how much more movement is the Aft in comparison. Thanks in advance...

Well, remember, WHEN you are sailing has a lot to do with the price. For example, I paid 9k for one of the Havana suites for 3 people, for the 12 day Med cruise on the Vista in August. And that was the cruise only. That was three times what I normally pay to cruise. But was the Havana area worth it? Absolutely! I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Book the Havana room. We did a Havana interior in January and loved it. It is like a totally different cruise. The Havana area is great. Never busy with plenty of tables and chairs to pick from. We loved not worrying about getting to the pool early to try to get a seat. Just rolled out of our room when we pleased,walk around the corner to the pool and relax.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Being we are going with large group that isn't getting Havana rooms we decided won't spend enough time to warrant that much cost difference on 3 sea days away from the rest. Going to take suggestion to check after final pymt cutoff to see if available maybe cheaper. Also Galveston is much closer to us so I'm sure we will cruise Vista again later just as family and then will have experience to know if I like it as much as I think I would. Thanks for all the replies , it is helpful.

Being we are going with large group that isn't getting Havana rooms we decided won't spend enough time to warrant that much cost difference on 3 sea days away from the rest. Going to take suggestion to check after final pymt cutoff to see if available maybe cheaper. Also Galveston is much closer to us so I'm sure we will cruise Vista again later just as family and then will have experience to know if I like it as much as I think I would. Thanks for all the replies , it is helpful.

Worth checking....that said, we noticed the interior Havana rooms seemed to be the first gone.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Buy the wrist band on e bay

Nah I can check it out after 7 if don't get room. Whole point to paying for that room is that pool area..won't be trying sneak in. If it's good as I suspect I'll just get room next time.