Priority Luggage?

GranysT

I just read a post saying that, you should remind the porters to put an orange sticker on your luggage.

This was for FTTF, but someone said "also for Patinum/Diamond. I take it this is to remind the people delivering the luggage, that these suitcases should be delivered first.

Does anyone know if this is standard for all ships now?

This is the first I've heard anything about orange stickers, so when did all this start? Thanks

On our Oct 2016 cruise out of Baltimore we had an Ocean Suite. The Carnival luggage tags we printed out said FTTF, and the porters slapped an orange FTTF sticker on our bags. We dropped them off around 1215 or so, and they showed up outside our stateroom around 2pm.

I've usually gotten orange tape on my luggage, but sometimes they miss it. It doesn't really make any difference to me.

If I don't board the ship in something that's appropriate for the MDR on the first night, I have a couple of outfits and all the "necessities" in my carry on.

I'm a really early riser and don't unpack my big suitcase until the next morning.

So glad that someone said this as I just turned platinum and would love to get my luggage before dinner! I always like to unpack asap as then I feel that my cruise has really started. I will make sure that the porters put an orange tag on my luggage for sure!

My luggage tags read Priority Boarding on it. It also says platinum

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Never have seen "Platinum" on them.

Agree. Have been Platinum for quite some time. Never seen the word Platinum on the luggage tag. Priority, Yes, but not Platinum. Platinum is on my boarding pass, but not luggage tag.

Oh and BTW, never have seen an orange stiker on my Priority Tags and never had them show up late yet.

FWIW, I have been Platinum for a few years and for what ever reason I have at least 1 bag (usually have 3 between the 2 of us) get there WAY later than other people traveling with us that are not Platinum. Don't know why. It always stresses me because 1) I like to unpack immediately and enjoy my cruise and 2) would HATE to have lost a piece of luggage and have needed items missing all cruise. I have had deliveries as late as after late dining. Maybe they just don't like me!:( I tip well!