FTTF group issue

villagenut

So if i understand this correctly.....Every cabin in your group has FTTF with the exception of 1 (which equates to 2 people). Hypothetically lets say those 2 people without FTTF after checking in are assigned Zone 5. If all boarding together is one of the highlights, the other 11 just wait until Zone 5 is called and then you all get to walk onto the ship together....problem solved!!!! No need for "special favors" or Calls/escalation to Carnival management. To save you some money, the other cabins can still cancel your FTTF and save each cabin $70....win/win!!!!

Edited by First and Ten

while booking for a group of 24 people, the last 2 were not able to purchase fttf. We have diligently watched for months. We are now 12 days out with no hope of getting FTTF for the last two. We really want to board as a group for a picture. Any suggestion?

Not sure if it's the same everywhere, but our group of 6 cabins went on the Inspiration in June out of Long Beach. Each cabin got FTTF for the first time and we have agreed that we would probably not buy it again. Getting checked in was not faster for us, getting the room early was not that important and there was only 1 tender port- it did help there, but it wasn't a huge line anyway as we didn't get off at peak time. At check-in there were 2 agents assigned for priority check-in and we got there at 11am, well an agent got tied up with an issue and that left only one agent for FTTF, the regular lines were going faster and we noticed A LOT of people getting through check-in who had been in line outside that we had walked past. Yeah, we had virtually no line but the regular line was moving and we weren't. We asked the agents who were sending people to the check-in desk to just let us go to any open agent and they said we had to use the FTTF line! The same kind of thing happened at the guest services, 2 agents and only 1 helping Priority, the other line was way faster. Anyway, I have emailed Carnival with my suggestions to make it better, then I might try it again on a tender heavy cruise. Other than getting to the front of the line to get on a tender, we didn't see the value. Hope others have a better experience after spending money on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

while booking for a group of 24 people, the last 2 were not able to purchase fttf. We have diligently watched for months. We are now 12 days out with no hope of getting FTTF for the last two. We really want to board as a group for a picture. Any suggestion?[/

I am sorry, I got side tracked in my previous post and missed the point of your post, you asked for suggestions... what I should have said is that with your party who did not get the FTTF but have an 11:00 check in slot, you will most likely get in at the same time if your experience is the same as ours was, good luck, I know that group picture at the beginning is truly a memorable photo and one we usually buy especially when with a group! Plus boarding together is special and that kind of stuff is what you remember! Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just all wanted to be together boarding to see his face light up when he walks on board. There are numerous family members and it would just be a fun experience and stinks that Carnival will not accommodate such a situation.

If FTTF was not available for all the cabins why did you buy less than you needed? I get that it was sold out, but if it didn't work for what you wanted, what did purchasing a partial amount accomplish? Were you hoping more would become available?

Realistically, with an 11:00 slot for the non FTTF people they will call FTTF and then the next group 15 minutes later. So just all hang out and wait.

Or stick the kid in the middle of 27 people and take a risk sneaking him on?

Or cancel your FTTF since it doesn't get done what you need and all just board together anyways. Get your money back and use that for even more onboard group photos. That's the play I'd make. FTTF for 24 people is an awful lot of money for very, very little in return. Jeez, for that much money you could buy an excellent new digital camera and hand it to someone to take a picture, and then use the camera for many years, lol.

Any way you want to do it, it is not Carnival not accommodating you, it is you that purchased something that doesn't work for your size group and asking Carnival to make an exception.

You have 2 choices to be able to board together

Keep waiting and hope it becomes available

or

Wait until that last group can board to get on the ship

Exceptions should not be made just because your a big group - What about the other person whom saved for 5 years to take this cruise who really wants faster to the fun so they can enjoy every minute they can on the ship

What about the elderly couple who needs it to get in their room quicker and put down there stuff

if you start making exceptions for one group you have to make them for all groups nothing makes you special just because their are 24 people in your group

Wait, so you only need one fttf per cabin? I had no idea.

Yes. See the link in my later post.

I should have been more clear i suppose. The photo op was only one of the reasons and i just used it as an example. There is really more to it. My DW agreed to be paired with one of the children of the group that got FTTF but we were unable to get it for her cabin. This is our first cruise in 27 years and the 13 year old child's first ever. We just all wanted to be together boarding to see his face light up when he walks on board. There are numerous family members and it would just be a fun experience and stinks that Carnival will not accommodate such a situation. I get all of the staffing issues and such but i'm sure there are not that many groups in our situation and adding 1 cabin can't be that big of a deal. Oh well, thanks for the input and I guess we will work it out someway.

Cherie

Much better places for a group pic than at boarding. I think you said you only had 2 months to go, but more slots usually open up around final payment. Just have to keep checking.

If you call Carnival I have heard of waitlist type of FTTF lists that they keep for last minute fills. Not sure but you could call your PVP and try to see if they can help out at all getting this added for them.

Carnival BDM said last week at a luncheon I went to that there are no more waitlists for FTTF.

Just keep checking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums