Help me understand the 15% gratuity on SBP, please

Shadabu

I was looking into the SBP for DH and myself. I saw there is a 15% gratuity or "service charge" added on to each beverage.

My question is, how is the gratuity paid for? Is it charged to your room or another way?

When you purchase the Signature Beverage Package, the 15% service charge is added to the price of the package.

Then you order your drink, with a price under $9, and the service charge has already been paid.

I was looking into the SBP for DH and myself. I saw there is a 15% gratuity or "service charge" added on to each beverage.

My question is, how is the gratuity paid for? Is it charged to your room or another way?

No the gratuity is added to the total cost for the cruise, example of a 7 cruise the SBP base cost may be around $50 per day times 7 equals $350 then you add the 15% on top of the $350, making it around $402. This is per person of age per cabin. Total cost is charged to your account.

There is also an Elite package which is higher in cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you purchase either the Signature Beverage Package or the Elite Beverage Package, HAL automatically adds the 15% gratuity onto the price of the package.

That way it will no longer be added when you buy a drink.

KK is exactly right as well as Ruth!!!!!

Denise:)

I am incorrect?

Not exactly, but you said no gratuity is added to the cost of the cruise. That's a little confusing.

15% is added to the package price. If you prepay, the package is $44.95 + 15% or $50.69 per day. The Elite Beverage Package is $10 more on the base price of the SBP which adds $11.50/day after service charge.

Not exactly, but you said no gratuity is added to the cost of the cruise. That's a little confusing.

15% is added to the package price. If you prepay, the package is $44.95 + 15% or $50.69 per day. The Elite Beverage Package is $10 more on the base price of the SBP which adds $11.50/day after service charge.

I guess I should have put a comma after the "No" as I was answering the OPS question of "is it charged to your room or another way"? I was saying "No" it is added to the package for the entire cruise, that's why I tried to break it down for them, I'm an anal engineer, that's what we do [emoji6]

I guess I should have put a comma after the "No" as I was answering the OPS question of "is it charged to your room or another way"? I was saying "No" it is added to the package for the entire cruise, that's why I tried to break it down for them, I'm an anal engineer, that's what we do [emoji6]

I'm a systems and software engineer by trade. I've met automotive engineers, process engineers, electrical, chemical, and mechanical engineers. I even met an engineer whose sole focus is cardboard boxes. But an engineer who specializes in the anus? That's really something! ;)

Sorry. When I read "anal engineer," that's the first place my mind went. Next place was: "I bet that's similar to civil engineering. Pipes, tunnels. etc."

I'm a systems and software engineer by trade. I've met automotive engineers, process engineers, electrical, chemical, and mechanical engineers. I even met an engineer whose sole focus is cardboard boxes. But an engineer who specializes in the anus? That's really something! ;)

Sorry. When I read "anal engineer," that's the first place my mind went. Next place was: "I bet that's similar to civil engineering. Pipes, tunnels. etc."

Too funny! That's where my mind went, too.

Now that is funny as I am a Civil Engineer, in some ways!

Apparently you've never heard that engineers can be "anal" in some ways?

POA1 - You are a very witty person (see last years Eurodam Christmas jingle) and a big asset to Cruise Critic. It's kind of weird as I thought of you today at lunch when one of my friends ordered a Makers Mark. The cardboard box engineer thing I really believe as I got a new ceramic grill for Father's Day from my Wife and Daughter. The grill weighs 300 pounds and was something else to get into our yard. However it was in perfect condition no chips or irregularities thanks to the cardboard box it was packaged in. This box was a marvel. It took me an hour and a half to break it down for collection.

I truly appreciate your posts here at CC they're always upbeat, informational and fun. So I just wanted to say thanks.

Michael