Check in water bottles

jdrouin

Yes the bottled water package is very reasonable but the package is not in your cabin. I drink half a gallon of filtered water a day at least. So that can get pricey. Thank you for the feed back

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes the bottled water package is very reasonable but the package is not in your cabin. I drink half a gallon of filtered water a day at least. So that can get pricey. Thank you for the feed back

No, I meant they have a package onboard that you can purchase of either 6 or 12 large bottles of spring water delivered to your stateroom. I'm sorry I don't remember the price, but it seemed very reasonable to me when I bought it. They have bar waiters selling it right when you walk onto the ship.

No, I meant they have a package onboard that you can purchase of either 6 or 12 large bottles of spring water delivered to your stateroom. I'm sorry I don't remember the price, but it seemed very reasonable to me when I bought it. They have bar waiters selling it right when you walk onto the ship.

Perfect! Just what I was looking to hear! The other cruises we have been on had the same. Thank you so much!

I have been on other cruise lines that allow you to check in a case of water with your luggage. Does anyone know if MSC does as well?

the official wording is on the luggage tags supplied by MSC

beverages.jpg

Pete

We have just bought the prepaid water package for our cruise in September. It was £21 for 14 one litre bottles.

That is not cheap in our books compared to what it would cost ashore. We have only been on cruises where we could take non alcoholic drinks on board previously, but must say the cruise is considerably cheaper than our other cruises.

I assume that the water from the taps in your room isn't drinkable?

You assume wrong.

the water in the cabins and all fresh water on board, is made by reverse osmosis, This process gives a very pure water to which some salts are added for two reasons.

1) to ensure it remains pure and doesn't develop bacterial growth.

2) to give it some taste, very pure water , which has no flavour at all, usually has a "taste" which most people find not easy to like.

Pete

You assume wrong.

the water in the cabins and all fresh water on board, is made by reverse osmosis, This process gives a very pure water to which some salts are added for two reasons.

1) to ensure it remains pure and doesn't develop bacterial growth.

2) to give it some taste, very pure water , which has no flavour at all, usually has a "taste" which most people find not easy to like.

Pete

Ok, that's great then. Not sure why there's so much concern about bottled water then?

Ok, that's great then. Not sure why there's so much concern about bottled water then?

Probably because of misconception about water on modern cruise ships

older ships used to carry water in tanks and top them up at ports of call and guests rightly

not trusting the water supply of some third world countries.

there are still some older ships around

Pete

You can take water and sodas on without any issue. We did this last week and watched many others do it also. No questions asked at all.

It may depend on the individual who is in command of the boarding operations, they will be perfectly at liberty to enforce the rules which are clearly stated on the luggage labels.

so you can't take it for given that anybody will be allowed to take bottles on board

I agree, they are exercising discretion not to enforce. Frankly, with the crowd being 90% European, they probably just don't find it to be a problem worth enforcing. We didn't see a single typical "spring breaker" on our mid-March trip ...

• 3 months later...

quick question for you JDROUIN.......On the MSC site it only advertises a "mineral water" package. Is this plain purified drinking water? As our children do not like any type of sparkling mineral water, and want just plain bottled drinking water. Thank you.

Rosie,

On MSC site it's only advertising a Mineral Water package for upcoming 2018 Meraviglia cruise we'll be on. Where are you seeing "spring water" advertised? That is really what our children want.

We have just bought the prepaid water package for our cruise in September. It was £21 for 14 one litre bottles.

That is not cheap in our books compared to what it would cost ashore. We have only been on cruises where we could take non alcoholic drinks on board previously, but must say the cruise is considerably cheaper than our other cruises.

Please ...its only 66c per bottle if this is not cheap I don't know what is....

Rosie,

On MSC site it's only advertising a Mineral Water package for upcoming 2018 Meraviglia cruise we'll be on. Where are you seeing "spring water" advertised? That is really what our children want.

It's referred to as 'mineral' water under the water package list. See post #70 on the following thread page from a Meraviglia bar menu:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2511337&page=4