hotel Miami with free airport and cruise shuttle

I stayed at La Quinta East years ago and they had free airport and cruise shuttle. There's nothing on their website and they won't answer the phone. We're just staying 1 night pre-cruise, so don't need anything fancy. Does anyone have a recent experience?

We stayed at the Crown Plaza this past May. Nothing fancy, we just needed a place to sleep. They had a free airport shuttle and I believe it was $10 pp to the port.

Personally, we would never stay at any hotel that offered a "free shuttle" to the pier. Can you imagine the sheer number of people who would also be waiting with you? We experienced that once - never again. Cabs or Uber are cheap and cheerful - stay where you really want to, and take a cab or Uber to the port in the morning. :)

LQ East is popular with cruisers and still offers free airport and port shuttles. Other MIA area hotels that offer airport and port shuttles include the MIA Embassy Suites and Springhill Suites Medical Center. Better hotels in a nicer area near MIA are in the Blue Lagoon neighborhood - Homewood Suites, Hampton Inn, etc.

I stayed at La Quinta East years ago and they had free airport and cruise shuttle. There's nothing on their website and they won't answer the phone. We're just staying 1 night pre-cruise, so don't need anything fancy. Does anyone have a recent experience?

We did the "free" cruise shuttle once, never again. Just get an Uber or cab and don't worry about how many times the shuttle has to come back and pick up guests from the hotel before your turn. Start your vacation stress free and get there without being packed into a shuttle.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Exactly!

Personally, we would never stay at any hotel that offered a "free shuttle" to the pier. Can you imagine the sheer number of people who would also be waiting with you? We experienced that once - never again. Cabs or Uber are cheap and cheerful - stay where you really want to, and take a cab or Uber to the port in the morning. :)

When we stayed at La Quinta I thought taking the shuttle was great. They take people at the time you sign up for. It was wonderful just to have everything arranged and driver knew exactly where to drop everyone off. Just looking for similar hotels on the cheaper side because there weren't any resturants around.

Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon will cost more than LQ but there is a local shopping mall across the street with multiple dining and fast food options, plus drug, grocery and liquor stores.

Hampton Inn Mary Brickell will require a taxi or Uber from MIA, but there are many local dining, shopping and nightlife options within walking distance.

Good luck! :)

• 2 months later...