new clue murder mystery game

kassimer1

has anyone played the new clue murder mystery game. I saw it in an email today. it really looks fun. I was wondering where would we pick up our packet so we can play? It said it was already on pride and we go in it in January. any info will be appreciated.

I got the same email and was wondering the same thing!! I found this on Carnival's website:

Clue/Cluedo will have two main events and Clue Reveals throughout the cruise. The event will start with The Murder Mystery in the main lounge, complete with costumes, larger than life props, videos and scripted performances. There will be activities throughout the cruise for you to gain clues. The final experience will be at The Reveal – bring your raffle ticket with the name of the murderer and find out if you solved this murder mystery on the high seas!

We're on the Vista in January and can't wait to play!!

I was curious too, it sounds like fun. Last week someone posted that you get the clues from shopping talks, bingo, and other events on the ship that they want passengers to attend. I hope it is as fun as I imagine, but I am afraid it is just a way to get people to attend port talks.

I was curious too, it sounds like fun. Last week someone posted that you get the clues from shopping talks, bingo, and other events on the ship that they want passengers to attend. I hope it is as fun as I imagine, but I am afraid it is just a way to get people to attend port talks.

My husband and I fell for this on the Dream. It would have been okay if they wrangled you into Bingo if you actually had to figure out clues, but nope, if you went to Bingo or a talk, they gave you who was not the killer. By the end of the last talk or $3,000 super Bingo, every person playing knew who the killer was. It was like Christmas Story, we were "Ovaltine'd".

My husband and I fell for this on the Dream. It would have been okay if they wrangled you into Bingo if you actually had to figure out clues, but nope, if you went to Bingo or a talk, they gave you who was not the killer. By the end of the last talk or $3,000 super Bingo, every person playing knew who the killer was. It was like Christmas Story, we were "Ovaltine'd".

How disappointing. :(

That's too bad, on the Disney Fantasy one of the highlights was the Midship detective agency game which sent you all over the boat looking for clues. There were multiple mysteries to solve and you did not have to sit through port talks to participate. We were hoping it was something similar.

Darn. We have a cruise next month in miracle and would love a murder mysrey!!! We did one on NNFLthat was great. My husband was the murderer and he did such a good job participating in trying to figure it out we had no clue it was him!

• 8 months later...

We did this on our recent cruise on the Dream. We really liked it, even though it was as some others have described - you are attending events to find out who isn't the killer. Yes, the presentations were tied with Bingo, or something else, but the Clue presentation was always at the beginning of the event, and we never felt pressured to stay for anything. It was something new and fun, in my opinion.

well, i will give it a try but if it seems lame i will quit it

thanks for the replys

Worse case scenario you will get a great education on Ammolite and Crown of Lights Diamonds while attending the port and shopping talks where clues will drip slower than the Russian Collusion investigation

be-sure-to-drink-your-ovaltine-text-300x188.jpg

We TRIED it on the Sunshine, but apparently we quit before we got to the sales pitch parts. But they said where to find the next clue was the Library and it would be there all day. So we went to the library after port that day and apparently they had a private party in there and the clue was no where to be found. They said it would be obvious in a box. Nothing. So, we quit playing, lol. I guess there was nothing stopping other guest from taking the clue or for a staff member to move it and not know what it was. But now I know its a marketing ploy. BUT as a person in marketing, I actually really appreciate their way of thinking, lol.

Makes me wonder about a passenger-staged murder mystery, crafted so that participants could pick each other out (and therefore not bother others), with game mechanics that lend themselves to a real investigative activity game, perhaps spread over hours at sea.

We did this on the Vista and were disappointed. My kids made sure we went to each clue reveal, and each time it was tied to something asking for money... lots of bingo.

Then at the reveal? It was for, like 2, and they did a whole 30 minutes of Bingo before revealing at 2:30. They just announced one winner and it was less than 30 seconds. All that buildup for nothin. At least acknowledge the kids! Send them a piece of paper saying they're a great detective but they didn't win! Give them one game in the arcade or something!

Same thing happened for the lucky duck game. We've travelled on Thanksgiving twice, and they put ducks all around the ships and you have to write down where you found them, turn it in, then go somewhere for the big reveal. On one ship, the reveal was like at 10. My kids were exhausted and they were laying on the seats as we waited for them to keep doing round and round of bingo. The cruise director walked by, and asked why we were there, and we said we were waiting for the lucky duck reveal. he went on stage, grabbed the envelope and said "excuse me for interrupting but the winner was Bob Smith" (or whoever). Wow. Way to acknowledge everyone who played! Or even say "here's where they all were" for those who couldn't find them. We were super disappointed in that one too. But at least it was fun going all through the ship versus the clue game where you had to sit through all the extras.

Hope this helps someone avoid these time traps!

Shawn