Bitter n Blanc - No More?

evandbob

I was told on my December Glory cruise by my MDR waiter that the Bitter n Blanc has been taken off the American Table dessert menu. Couldn't even get it if ordered the day before by a Diamond cruiser (me).

On our November Vista cruise, our MDR waiter brought us 2 but only after I asked about it the night before. Never saw it on the menu.

Have I been too busy cruising to notice any chatter about Bitter n Blanc's demise here on Cruise Criitic?

I was told on my December Glory cruise by my MDR waiter that the Bitter n Blanc has been taken off the American Table dessert menu. Couldn't even get it if ordered the day before by a Diamond cruiser (me).

On our November Vista cruise, our MDR waiter brought us 2 but only after I asked about it the night before. Never saw it on the menu.

Have I been too busy cruising to notice any chatter about Bitter n Blanc's demise here on Cruise Criitic?

Unfortunately Carnival took it off the menu when they rolled out the new menus. It was sooo good! As far as I'm concerned, they could have taken the chocolate melting cake off or even the creme brulee.

Bitter 'n Blanc should still appear on the American Table menu for cruises that are 8 days and longer. It's no longer on the 7 day and shorter menus. :(

I was on an 8 day Valor sailing in September and had it on day 5, I believe.

It was offered on the Sunshine when I cruised earlier this month (December 10th). It was an 8 day rather than 7, so maybe SummerXU is right and it's only available on longer cruises.

I leave on the Paradise tomorrow for a 4 night. They haven't switched to the American Table Menu yet, so it will be interesting to see if it's offered.

Unfortunately Carnival took it off the menu when they rolled out the new menus. It was sooo good! As far as I'm concerned, they could have taken the chocolate melting cake off or even the creme brulee.

NO! Not the crème brulee!!:eek:

I liked B&B when you could ask for more sauce as some times the top was dried out. I'll see if it's on the Vista 8 day in 3 weeks. But as we're dining specialty dining for 1/2 the nights or more, Not going to MDR for that alone. And frankly 2/3rds of the American Table offering aren't that appealing.

Wasn't on my 7 day on Glory in October. They had Grand Mariner Soufflé, but no Bitter n Blanc. I specifically looked for it and just double checked my menus. Not there.

I stand corrected, spoke to the Boss (wife) and she agreed with you. Either way it was pretty good.

Sorry for the bad info.

While I missed the Bitter n Blanc on the last two menus, I did get an email from Carnival with the recipe - BYOBnB?

I saw the same thing and thought it was strange... the email had the recipe touting how it is a "beloved" recipe why did the cut it??? It's not like it was expensive... brioche bread, custard, bake.... I really miss that dessert! Haven't had it on the last 3 cruises...

It must be the 8 day cruise thing. My cruise was an 8 day and it was available. Was not available on the 6 day. carnival glory usually sails 7 day only so that would explain why it would be off the menu on that particular ship. I'm not surprised that Carnival shared the recipe, they do that for many things including the melting chocolate cake.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It must be the 8 day cruise thing. My cruise was an 8 day and it was available. Was not available on the 6 day. carnival glory usually sails 7 day only so that would explain why it would be off the menu on that particular ship. I'm not surprised that Carnival shared the recipe, they do that for many things including the melting chocolate cake.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It wasn't on the menu for the 11 day Vista repo. I got it because I asked my waiter, who cajoled a cook into making 2.

My waiter Erik on the Glory said Bitter n Blanc has been taken off the American Table Menu, replaced by the Grand Marnier Souffle.

It was good but after having it numerous times over the years figure time for new desserts.

BTW anyone else think that Carnival pies are awful?

I'll second that! But still get sucked into ordering. Hope springs eternal.

Grand Marnier soufflé is really good though and can quiet those Bitter N Blanc joneses reasonably well.