Special Items to Pack to Make the Week Better

Last year when I cruised with my 3 teens, I came across a posting with people's great ideas to pack that people may not think about. I have included a few that I remember.

Extra hangers

Highlighters

Wine opener

Antibacterial Wipes/Lysol

Power strip for phone chargers

What are items you all feel make the week better that we should not forget to pack???

We bring an assortment of our own tea bags that we enjoy, 3 collapsible multi colored bins (one for each of us) to put assorted items into for our "shelf in the closet (it is easier to pull it out and look thru it to find something quickly), little plastic clothespins (to hang wet bathing suits up on the clothes line in shower), a nightlight so lights do not need to be turned on in middle of night (this depends on the ship and the electric units in or near the bathroom), binoculars (for our balcony and/or on deck), a good book to read!

I bring a 4 pack of those little battery operated tea light candles. I put one in the bathroom at night so no need to fumble with finding the light switch and we use a couple out on our balcony instead of a flashlight because we like to turn all the lights off and go out in the dark. Also nice for a romantic setting.

I bring 1 tray to take with us to the Lido for lunch or breakfast. That saves us from having to go put our plates down while one of us goes after drinks. It is nice also if getting food for someone else so you can carry it all.

I bring one of those little personal fans you can wear around your neck that I can wear to the muster drill so when I am crammed like a sardine in the summer heat out on deck in Galveston TX in the middle of summer I will at least have a little air. Also nice for standing in line at ports if it is hot.

I bring our own candy and chips for snacking, the prices are so high in the shops. (We like a bit of chocolate in the evenings when on vacay!!)

I bring both a small fan and a noise machine and we never hear a peep of anyone or anything in the halls.

I take a picture with my cell phone of the daily schedule on the fun times so I don't have to carry a fun times around with me. The Hub app did not list everything that was listed on the fun times so having the full schedule in my phone was handy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I bring a shoe bag, the one with the plastic pockets and hang it in a closet. The bottom pockets actually hold shoes but the other pockets hold all those things that would clutter up the bathroom and stateroom and also keeps things organized as drawer space can be limited based on how many you have in a room. (sun block, hair brushes, our various hats, our waterproof pouches, fanny packs, snacks, etc) I understand there is a new rule where we cannot hang our shoebags over any doors due to some damage. I just hang it in t he closet now. Its a little longer than the closet is tall but thats no biggie.

Make cruise better:

Binoculars to look for stuff from the balcony, and stars at night. Starbucks Via's the coffee on the ship is alright but sometimes we like a strong cup (sometimes I add a little via to the ship coffee to boost it).

Paper printouts of all receipts, cruise ticket terms and conditions, confirmations (excursions, dining time, hotel rooms,etc., and all correspondence about the trip (emails with anyone). A filtered and insulated water bottle. Don't know if this makes it more special, but it certainly makes things easier.

I bring a shoe bag, the one with the plastic pockets and hang it in a closet. The bottom pockets actually hold shoes but the other pockets hold all those things that would clutter up the bathroom and stateroom and also keeps things organized as drawer space can be limited based on how many you have in a room. (sun block, hair brushes, our various hats, our waterproof pouches, fanny packs, snacks, etc) I understand there is a new rule where we cannot hang our shoebags over any doors due to some damage. I just hang it in t he closet now. Its a little longer than the closet is tall but thats no biggie.

Can cut the shoe holder to size ;). We use a six pocket one when we sail in certain cabins.

I take a picture with my cell phone of the daily schedule on the fun times so I don't have to carry a fun times around with me. The Hub app did not list everything that was listed on the fun times so having the full schedule in my phone was handy.

Use a photo of your ship card as your wallpaper/lock screen JIC it goes missing.

Next cruise we're bringing several magnetic hooks. There won't be enough hooks in the cabin for the three of us in Alaska.

• earplugs
  • travel blow dryer
  • dominoes or cards so you don't have to try to find some for a few games on sea days
  • small supply of OTC meds
  • downy wrinkle releaser - works great when there are no irons. spray down your clothes when you hang them
  • travel size body wash poofs - so much nicer than a washcloth and weigh nothing so easy to pack
  • packing cubes so you can fit so much more in a smaller space and just take one bag each person

Have a great trip!

• earplugs
  • travel blow dryer
  • dominoes or cards so you don't have to try to find some for a few games on sea days
  • small supply of OTC meds
  • downy wrinkle releaser - works great when there are no irons. spray down your clothes when you hang them
  • travel size body wash poofs - so much nicer than a washcloth and weigh nothing so easy to pack
  • packing cubes so you can fit so much more in a smaller space and just take one bag each person

Have a great trip!

these help when the other is snoring

Baggies for loose items. Various sizes.

Command strips to hand things on.

Shampoo and conditioner

Cards and travel games. We have these in a bag. They go every cruise with us.

Drink mug of some kind. We carry Stanley.

I make sure I have books downloaded on my iPod and music downloaded for laying out in the sun.

Chargers for iPod, i phones, kindle, and camera.

Lysol wipes.

Prescription medication needed

OTC meds you might need. Like Tylenol, stomach upset meds, band aids, sunburn cream, antibiotics for cuts, bug spray just to name a few things.

My husband and I laughed as we were packing these but they were two of the best things we packed...twine and clothes pins! Every night we would string it up from one end of the room to the other and would hang our wet things there overnight. Then we would take it down before we left for breakfast so the room steward wouldn't get hurt. I know there's a short one in the shower but this worked so much better for us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My husband and I laughed as we were packing these but they were two of the best things we packed...twine and clothes pins! Every night we would string it up from one end of the room to the other and would hang our wet things there overnight. Then we would take it down before we left for breakfast so the room steward wouldn't get hurt. I know there's a short one in the shower but this worked so much better for us.

A lot of ships that I have been in have a cloths line in the bathroom or somewhere.

A lot of ships that I have been in have a cloths line in the bathroom or somewhere.

Yes, as I stated, we had one in the shower but that would have been a pain to use (and I think it would have taken much longer for our things to dry in the bathroom) plus it wasn't long enough for our wet stuff.