FTTF group issue

villagenut

while booking for a group of 24 people, the last 2 were not able to purchase fttf. We have diligently watched for months. We are now 12 days out with no hope of getting FTTF for the last two. We really want to board as a group for a picture. Any suggestion?

while booking for a group of 24 people, the last 2 were not able to purchase fttf. We have diligently watched for months. We are now 12 days out with no hope of getting FTTF for the last two. We really want to board as a group for a picture. Any suggestion?

Board later with the other 2 people

You can wait with them to board together as a group. This will of course negate the benefit of boarding early that FTTF gives you.

Depending on the port, priority will have a different line for check in and waiting section so you will probably be separated when you check in. You can always get a group picture when everyone is aboard.

Lucky them they will be right behind you and they saved $$$$.

We've had luck in a similar situation by slipping a $20 to an employee with Priority boarding passes. It was a couple summers ago. Good Luck!

I know of nothing you can do if no more FTTF slots are available. Make sure only one per cabin was purchased since that's all that's needed. If any are platinum or above they already have priority boarding and can wait a few minutes to board with the group. You may just need to get a group pic made onboard during the cruise instead of when boarding. With that many people that would be much easier to coordinate and set-up. The photographers have many different backgrounds that can be used for your group or you could find a staircase where a pic could be made and have everyone on different levels. Check with the staff at Pixels when you get onboard and see what they suggest for such a large group.

Cherie

I know of nothing you can do if no more FTTF slots are available. Make sure only one per cabin was purchased since that's all that's needed. If any are platinum or above they already have priority boarding and can wait a few minutes to board with the group. You may just need to get a group pic made onboard during the cruise instead of when boarding. With that many people that would be much easier to coordinate and set-up. The photographers have many different backgrounds that can be used for your group or you could find a staircase where a pic could be made and have everyone on different levels. Check with the staff at Pixels when you get onboard and see what they suggest for such a large group.

Cherie

Wait, so you only need one fttf per cabin? I had no idea.

Yes! No need to buy individual FTTF.!!

The price is per stateroom, so only one guest needs to purchase Faster to the Fun and all occupants in the stateroom receive the benefits. Prices are subject to change and may vary by ship. Faster to the Fun is subject to availability.

From past experience, once boarding starts, it gets quite congested from the time you leave the building to when you enter the ship. You'd be better off waiting until later for a better photo op as others have suggested. Stairways are a good place for a picture of that many people. The photographers are more than happy to accommodate your requests.

One of the reasons i became a hobbiest photographer. Travel tripod and an app on my phone can operate my DSLR thru built in wifi connection between camera and phone. Or find someone like a Carnival staff member to use my camera to take a couple photos. These guys are always happy to help take photos for guests and have operated many types of cameras and don't need much explaining on how to operate the camera. I've also noticed cell phones these days take incredibly sharp and amazing photos these days like iPhone 7, LG phones like my G6, Samsung phones. Near DSLR quality shots out of these phones these days. Anyone in your group has a newer iPhone or LG phone just have a Carnival staff member take a photo for you.

I should have been more clear i suppose. The photo op was only one of the reasons and i just used it as an example. There is really more to it. My DW agreed to be paired with one of the children of the group that got FTTF but we were unable to get it for her cabin. This is our first cruise in 27 years and the 13 year old child's first ever. We just all wanted to be together boarding to see his face light up when he walks on board. There are numerous family members and it would just be a fun experience and stinks that Carnival will not accommodate such a situation. I get all of the staffing issues and such but i'm sure there are not that many groups in our situation and adding 1 cabin can't be that big of a deal. Oh well, thanks for the input and I guess we will work it out someway.

Take the picture without the last two, but make sure to leave room for them to be photoshopped into the picture.

Have the last two arrive early so that they can get an early boarding time, and then you can all board together.

I should have been more clear i suppose. The photo op was only one of the reasons and i just used it as an example. There is really more to it. My DW agreed to be paired with one of the children of the group that got FTTF but we were unable to get it for her cabin. This is our first cruise in 27 years and the 13 year old child's first ever. We just all wanted to be together boarding to see his face light up when he walks on board. There are numerous family members and it would just be a fun experience and stinks that Carnival will not accommodate such a situation. I get all of the staffing issues and such but i'm sure there are not that many groups in our situation and adding 1 cabin can't be that big of a deal. Oh well, thanks for the input and I guess we will work it out someway.

So if you feel your group should have an exception...why wouldn't everyone who feels they have a good reason get one? Its not a big deal...the 13 year old will be amazed just driving up to the ship.

Also if their boarding time is 11am---just all go at 11am...that's still early and you can all be together.

Also if their boarding time is 11am---just all go at 11am...that's still early and you can all be together.

It is NOT boarding time, it is CHECK in time that the time slot is given for.

So if you feel your group should have an exception...why wouldn't everyone who feels they have a good reason get one? Its not a big deal...the 13 year old will be amazed just driving up to the ship.

No, i do not feel like by group should have an exception. And most likely a few of the group will forfeit the FTTF advantage and hang back with two that does not have it.

It is NOT boarding time, it is CHECK in time that the time slot is given for.

Right..so you all check in at 11 and board with the group that doesn't not have the FTTF. Check in time of 11am gets you on pretty much right after the FTTFs

I purposely choose late check in times now and easy breezy---walk up, check in, walk on the ship.

Yes. If more were purchased you should be able to get them transferred to the other cabins that didn't get one and get refunds from Carnival for the extra ones. Here's the link that explains what you get and that only one per cabin is needed. Since it's booked as an excursion you shouldn't have issue getting refunds if too many were purchased. Carnival will sell them as soon as they hit the website for your cruise.

https://www.carnival.com/shore-excursions/galveston/faster-to-the-fun-115020#