NCL Dawn Chocolate Buffet?

Justine6126

YES!!!!! It is held on the second day...I think. (Hard to remember, I am still coming down off my sugar high!) It is in the Venetian Dining Room. You can eat all you can stomach there, or bring it to go back to your room. Another bonus, they serve champagne in a chocolate rimmed glass. It costs a few dollars, but it's well worth it to compliment the dessert!

For Justine6126...

On our DAWN cruise April 2004, the Chocolate Buffet was held at 2:00 in the afternoon in the Venetian Dining Room. When you entered they asked you if you were eating in or taking it back to your cabin...difference between giving you a china plate and a take-out plate. There was a pianist playing at the grand piano...a very grand and elegant affair. Get there early and the line goes through so you can take pictures...then get back in line for the delectable treats. It was one of the best chocolate buffets on all the cruises we've been on so far. The only fault I can give it is that is comes right after lunch and just before dinner...so my appetite wasn't quite what it is for a midnight chocolate buffet! A word of advice...don't eat a big lunch that day!

Debjo

I saw some older gentleman entering the Venetian with zip lock bags. He exited with enough chocolate candy, cookies and other chocolate stuff to bulge both bags into pillows of chocolate. I guess the take out plate was not large enough. He was not about to be intimidated by the time of the buffet, he could extend the buffet in his room for the rest of the week. I considered following him to get the room location but got lost in the crowd. Haha

I saw some older gentleman entering the Venetian with zip lock bags. He exited with enough chocolate candy, cookies and other chocolate stuff to bulge both bags into pillows of chocolate. I guess the take out plate was not large enough. He was not about to be intimidated by the time of the buffet, he could extend the buffet in his room for the rest of the week. I considered following him to get the room location but got lost in the crowd. Haha

That sounds like something I might have thought about doing on past cuises. But wifey is diabeic now so I'll behave. But I can see his point if he was travelling with someone and wanted to provide some "personal" room service.

What are the chances of having a chocolate buffet on the Mother's Day Cruise? It's only an over night, but I can dream.....right?? I am sure they will do something nice either way. I remember someone mentioning (on the boards) that on last year's Mother's Day cruise, they did all sorts of nice things for all the Moms. My Mom....would love the chocolate buffet.

Archived