Mailbox on Harmony

As part of our vacation ritual, we send postcards to our family and friends. We send them from all over the world and they all seem to make it to their designated homes. My DW believes there is just something cool about receiving a postcard in the mail from a foreign destination. By the reactions we receive, she is probably correct.

As we were getting off our Harmony TransAtlantic last November, we dropped 5 postcards with US postage in the mailbox in front of customer service. Well lo and behold......4 of the postcards were delivered yesterday to friends and family. We thought they were history.

Maybe number 5 comes today....

We had the same issue with the Jewel mailbox as it took just short of two months to be delivered. I guess better than the 7 months it took Harmony.

Not sure of the process in emptying those mailboxes....but dropper beware!

Ciao

BeachAmmo

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

As part of our vacation ritual, we send postcards to our family and friends. We send them from all over the world and they all seem to make it to their designated homes. My DW believes there is just something cool about receiving a postcard in the mail from a foreign destination. By the reactions we receive, she is probably correct.

As we were getting off our Harmony TransAtlantic last November, we dropped 5 postcards with US postage in the mailbox in front of customer service. Well lo and behold......4 of the postcards were delivered yesterday to friends and family. We thought they were history.

We had the same issue with the Jewel mailbox as it took just short of two months to be delivered. I guess better than the 7 months it took Harmony.

Ciao

BeachAmmo

That has happened to us before also, sometimes they make it, sometimes they don't. We just figure it to be the chance you take, and no real amount of money lost with simply the cost of a postcard and postage. Spin the wheel. ;)

That has happened to us before also, sometimes they make it, sometimes they don't. We just figure it to be the chance you take, and no real amount of money lost with simply the cost of a postcard and postage. Spin the wheel. ;)

Sometimes not so cheap. In Santorini it was 4 euro per postcard to send them back to the states. We've paid over 2 euro each many times.

Still the cheapest part of the vacation though.....

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I get the convenience, but why not go to a "real" mailbox out on the street?

I guess we thought it was a "real" mailbox and would be emptied at the port.

Lyft picks us up out front on the way to airport....and I wanted to at least get them outta my hands before we grabbed the luggage?

We will try again when we do the TransPacific on Explorer. Can they beat 7 months???

Barely related, but some of the Jamaica excursion go to Hell. They sell postcards that you can send right there and someone gets a postcard from hell. (Heck, I work there! ;)) I've heard many reports of it taking 6 months to 2 years to be delivered.

Ciao

BeachAmmo

I think they wait until they're back in the US port before sending anything in the mailbox due to the US postage.

If you're in a foreign country wouldn't you need a foreign stamp?

Of course, but I make the assumption that when you send a post card, one of the main points is to show the recipient where you were including the stamp. Not much point of going to Santorini and sending a post card stamped at say JFK.

I think they wait until they're back in the US port before sending anything in the mailbox due to the US postage.

It was a TransAtlantic....

We arrived in Fort Lauderdale. Where Harmony been ever since.

We actually took Spanish postage off and put on US postage as we missed mailing them before we left Europe.

Of course, but I make the assumption that when you send a post card, one of the main points is to show the recipient where you were including the stamp. Not much point of going to Santorini and sending a post card stamped at say JFK.

This is true, but I never sent a postcard for the stamp part. When I get a postcard I don't even look at the stamp! ;p If it says St. Lucia on the front of the card I know where it's from. ;)

We just missed mailing in our last port. We usually write them when we are having lunch in port and mail them before returning to the dock.

If it says St. Lucia on the front of the card I know where it's from.

Uh, no, you don't. You can buy a St Lucia post card some place else and just mail it. That's the whole point of mailing a post card from interesting places (like Hell in Grand Cayman) to get the post office stamp.

Uh, no, you don't. You can buy a St Lucia post card some place else and just mail it. That's the whole point of mailing a post card from interesting places (like Hell in Grand Cayman) to get the post office stamp.

That's what we do also. We walk through town looking for the post office. In Alaska, we got directions to the post

office in Hoonah. The walk ended up being a 5 mile round trip, but it was interesting walk anyway. :)

I sent a postcard from Hell Grand Cayman to California it took about 4 months to make it there but my BF was very excited to get a postcard with greetings from hell... pretty much just a post office and some dead coral but neat all the same

QUOTE=BillOh;53409016]Barely related, but some of the Jamaica excursion go to Hell. They sell postcards that you can send right there and someone gets a postcard from hell. (Heck, I work there! ;)) I've heard many reports of it taking 6 months to 2 years to be delivered.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums