***RCCL internet site***

It's terrible today. I was looking at a cruise and when you get to choose your category is says Select and there's nothing to select!:mad: I think they're trying to update the system to show the reduced rate for non refundable deposits vs full rate for refundable deposits. That's supposed to be effective on July 1 I think. So the next few days may be difficult! (more difficult than the NORMAL difficult!)

It's terrible today. I was looking at a cruise and when you get to choose your category is says Select and there's nothing to select!:mad: I think they're trying to update the system to show the reduced rate for non refundable deposits vs full rate for refundable deposits. That's supposed to be effective on July 1 I think. So the next few days may be difficult! (more difficult than the NORMAL difficult!)

I hadn't heard about reduced rate for non refundable deposits. Is there an announcement or article with more info about that? Wondering if the reduced rate is just a reduced deposit amount, or if you actually get a reduced rate on the cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hadn't heard about reduced rate for non refundable deposits. Is there an announcement or article with more info about that? Wondering if the reduced rate is just a reduced deposit amount, or if you actually get a reduced rate on the cruise?

They appeared to be testing the new deposit structure on a few sailings last week. I don't have a link to the thread, but it was reported that there was a reduced price if the non-refundable deposit was chosen. I think it will be a while before we see all the fallout from this. For example, if the price of the cruise goes down, do both the redundable and non-refundable rates go down by the same amount? Or the same percentage? Or are they disconnected from each other? Etc.

I'm leaving on the Oasis this Sunday. I FINALLY was able to purchase my drink package yesterday. I can't even imagine the amount of money they must be losing. A lot of people, especially those not invested in Royal, are probably getting fed up and looking at other cruise lines. I know I would be tempted. Apparently the wait to talk to someone "live" on the phone is horrendous also..I'm sure it's due to the high call volume from the website being down. It's VERY frustrating!

I see these threads all over CC (we sail multiple lines so I follow not just the Royal section, but others as well) and cannot figure it out. According to Royal, Carnival, MSC, Celebrity and NCL regulars, all of them have terrible web sites. How can this be? In my 13 plus years of regular cruising I can think of only a couple of instances where a cruise line's web site cause me any kind of issue. Once on the Celebrity site I got an error message when attempting yo pull up a booking but once I logged out and back in I was fine. And a couple of years ago on the Carnival site it showed a particular sailing did not exist. Again, leaving the site and returning allowed me to find what I was looking for. I truly cannot think of any other web-related issues.

I see these threads all over CC (we sail multiple lines so I follow not just the Royal section, but others as well) and cannot figure it out. According to Royal, Carnival, MSC, Celebrity and NCL regulars, all of them have terrible web sites. How can this be? In my 13 plus years of regular cruising I can think of only a couple of instances where a cruise line's web site cause me any kind of issue. Once on the Celebrity site I got an error message when attempting yo pull up a booking but once I logged out and back in I was fine. And a couple of years ago on the Carnival site it showed a particular sailing did not exist. Again, leaving the site and returning allowed me to find what I was looking for. I truly cannot think of any other web-related issues.

I can't speak for the other cruise lines but as for RCI, consider yourself lucky!

I think the issue is with the internet browser being used to access the website... I noticed explorer works fine but with chrome you cannot search for cruises... I also notice that royal has more than one login page.. login for your account and a login for your cruise... yes confusing but I figured it out and have not had any issues since... I have cruised ncl for five years and find their website the easiest to navigate

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They appeared to be testing the new deposit structure on a few sailings last week. I don't have a link to the thread, but it was reported that there was a reduced price if the non-refundable deposit was chosen. I think it will be a while before we see all the fallout from this. For example, if the price of the cruise goes down, do both the redundable and non-refundable rates go down by the same amount? Or the same percentage? Or are they disconnected from each other? Etc.

Good questions