Current Concierges continued discussion

He actually didn't care which ship from what he said as long as he is in the US base. I think if I were a Concierge I would find the GR better than Oasis. Those people are tied to their computers night and day! The very best Hotel Director in the fleet IMHO, John Denton, is on the Majesty! He's there because he want to be in Port Canaveral close to his home so even though a smaller ship with no bells or whistles, it works for him!
John Denton is a fabulous HD -- we sailed with him out of Port C on Explorer when she was doing a series of 5 and 9 day cruises in 2014. He was extremely helpful with some problems we had and he found out about them as he was mixing in the CL overflow area when he talked to us.

He actually didn't care which ship from what he said as long as he is in the US base. I think if I were a Concierge I would find the GR better than Oasis. Those people are tied to their computers night and day! The very best Hotel Director in the fleet IMHO, John Denton, is on the Majesty! He's there because he want to be in Port Canaveral close to his home so even though a smaller ship with no bells or whistles, it works for him!

Last I looked, Oasis is in Pt Canaveral and Grandeur us in Baltimore. Once again , ouch.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

As Torpedo explained, Rahul did not piss off anyone. He asked for the transfer. RCI also wanted a Spanish or Italian speaking Concierge. He basicaly switched places with Geslani Araujo as of 2-26-2017. I think she speaks Spanish.

I have been emailing him to check on rotations etc. and he sounds happy. I think Grandeur passengers are a good group.

Bertie Almeda is in FR's CL until September or October and Amit is coming in July.

Carlington was on GR with Rahul for a few months but now he is the relief Concierge for LB and EN.

Amit Chattopadhyay is joining FR in July, 2017.

I have sailed with all these Concierges and they are all great. We sailed on FR with Rahul since 2010 and wish he was still on a Port C based ship or another Florida port.

He definitely pissed off one set of suite guests. I'm pretty sure you know who I mean. I doubt she has that much pull.

FWIW, I'm a big fan of Rahul. Always nice to us. First met him in 2013. We were lowly Diamonds sailing in the B&J Sweet. Sailed with him 11 more times before Freedom headed south.

Last I looked, Oasis is in Pt Canaveral and Grandeur us in Baltimore. Once again , ouch.

John -- the OA Concierges are pretty dug in.

And Rahul seems very happy on GR from his emails and Facebook posts. He said the ship is well managed and probably has a crew that is happy. I also think GR's CL and DL passengers treat their Concierges well. He will have a lot of longer cruises.

My DH said he would consider doing a Bermuda cruise out of Baltimore even though it is a long drive (we are from MD so could visit friends).

He definitely pissed off one set of suite guests. I'm pretty sure you know who I mean. I doubt she has that much pull.

FWIW, I'm a big fan of Rahul. Always nice to us. First met him in 2013. We were lowly Diamonds sailing in the B&J Sweet. Sailed with him 11 more times before Freedom headed south.

Are you talking about the woman who was cut off from drinking because she and her husband had imbibed too much? I know the back story so please email me at sherriz366 at aol dot com.

ANTHEM -

Ricardo back from vacation today

Francisco Moving from Concierge to Diamond Concierge today

Aline left Anthem on Vacation today, said she will be moving to another ship after vacation but does not know which one except that it will not be Anthem.

Thanks for the AN information -- I updated the Google Doc.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Pz4Im5qh4cqd1zE5A9srLm3wGd0_SNZwTdbLTa59EF4/edit#gid=0

On Grandeur, it is Francis Calimag - name is spelled wrong on spreadsheet.

Francis definitely prefers smaller ships - he has said that on Oasis, he could not really get to know anyone - too many people and too much going on.

Thanks for the correction. I updated the GoogleDoc.

I can see why a Concierge would prefer smaller ships as he or she could get to know the passengers. I have heard good things about Francis.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Pz4Im5qh4cqd1zE5A9srLm3wGd0_SNZwTdbLTa59EF4/edit#gid=1209646832

Thanks for the correction. I updated the GoogleDoc.

I can see why a Concierge would prefer smaller ships as he or she could get to know the passengers. I have heard good things about Francis.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Pz4Im5qh4cqd1zE5A9srLm3wGd0_SNZwTdbLTa59EF4/edit#gid=1209646832

More passengers = more money.

Just saying

Ok, I'll bite, why is that?

I think that may have been why Rahul didn't want to go to Europe....some, not all, Europeans do not tip. It's their custom, nothing against them, personally. Before I get flamed, I know some Europeans do tip very well, too.;p

Rahul may think he'll get better tips on any ship leaving from an American port.

I think that may have been why Rahul didn't want to go to Europe....some, not all, Europeans do not tip. It's their custom, nothing against them, personally. Before I get flamed, I know some Europeans do tip very well, too.;p

Rahul may think he'll get better tips on any ship leaving from an American port.

Totally agree about not wanting Europe. I just think Grandeur would be a big let down from Freedom.

Totally agree about not wanting Europe. I just think Grandeur would be a big let down from Freedom.

We've cruised a couple of times on Grandeur, and MANY times on Freedom. I definitely prefer Freedom, and have heard Grandeur now creeks loudly, like she's going to fall apart.

Some people do not tip, for a variety of reasons. It might be more prevalent on larger ships. I'm not trying to start another tipping discussion, just answering the question.

I guess I was mainly thinking that Grandeur has one of the lowest number of suites in the fleet.

I guess I was mainly thinking that Grandeur has one of the lowest number of suites in the fleet.

Isn't it roughly the same as the other Vision Class ships, Vision, Rhapsody, and Enchantment? Admittedly, not the high number of suites that Concierges would expect on Oasis Class, but it seemed the ones we interacted with on Vision Clas were quite content.

Diamond Plus members tip. On ships in Vision Class where there is only a Concierge lounge, lots of D+ folks who tip. MJ on Vision was awesome last fall. He got the biggest tip we have left to date. With a smaller ship and less suites, he had time to help everyone in there!

Isn't it roughly the same as the other Vision Class ships, Vision, Rhapsody, and Enchantment? Admittedly, not the high number of suites that Concierges would expect on Oasis Class, but it seemed the ones we interacted with on Vision Clas were quite content.

That puts her in the lowest quartile. [emoji6]

Any suites in the Enchantment stretched section?

Diamond Plus members tip. On ships in Vision Class where there is only a Concierge lounge, lots of D+ folks who tip. MJ on Vision was awesome last fall. He got the biggest tip we have left to date. With a smaller ship and less suites, he had time to help everyone in there!

Which Vision ship doesn't have a DL?