How to post pictures ??

IflyWithDi

Anyone know how to post an image from google drive/google photos? I've tried the add an image button using the share link from google drive but that just gives an empty box. I've also tried wrapping several variations of the share URL in tags but that just shows the URL and doesn't even make it a live link.

Edited by bjtieman

Ok most places say it cant be done BUT for

one or two pictures this is a workaround.

Upload a picture to Google Drive /Google photos.

Or obviously use one that is already there.

Click it so it comes on full screen.

Right hand top corner 3 dots = more actions

Click Share

Click get shareable link

Open a new tab in your browser

Put the shareable link in your browser and

the picture should open.

Right click on the picture and select

"copy image location."

(really dont understand why you cant just right click on the original picture in Google photo but it just doesnt work.

Go back to CC and use insert picture and paste the link you get from "copy image location" ( it should still be in memory so (control + v) should do it

Let me know how it goes (yn)

JvqiBKanmt9jVG9C1mkpO-_jSoZP6qnsn7FzV_2XS55t2FVt3JVP2_X4Hk4Mx5lVRP4LG8xas1yTKtE=w1280-h681

AND A

glPz69yfgAodu8StuZF8BuWFCTIeJY-Qalm-mDZHWu_ZrCWAA5Cs-GxEOvXqne87C9yayfV_0XuZwTQ=w1280-h681

view?usp=sharing-tmp.png

Ok most places say it cant be done BUT for

one or two pictures this is a workaround.

Upload a picture to Google Drive /Google photos.

Or obviously use one that is already there.

Click it so it comes on full screen.

Right hand top corner 3 dots = more actions

Click Share

Click get shareable link

Open a new tab in your browser

Put the shareable link in your browser and

the picture should open.

Right click on the picture and select

"copy image location."

(really dont understand why you cant just right click on the original picture in Google photo but it just doesnt work.

Go back to CC and use insert picture and paste the link you get from "copy image location" ( it should still be in memory so (control + v) should do it

Let me know how it goes (yn)

JvqiBKanmt9jVG9C1mkpO-_jSoZP6qnsn7FzV_2XS55t2FVt3JVP2_X4Hk4Mx5lVRP4LG8xas1yTKtE=w1280-h681

AND A

glPz69yfgAodu8StuZF8BuWFCTIeJY-Qalm-mDZHWu_ZrCWAA5Cs-GxEOvXqne87C9yayfV_0XuZwTQ=w1280-h681

view?usp=sharing-tmp.png

Thanks! Seems to work :)

JqJ6-4Z9jHGbB9wzwHGALiCPn_kv67-DmGB_u9dZOMZStKjHfm14jocsmeX0-JFk0zqqbUPoAvVVfcM=w2384-h1534

How do I make my pictures smaller so I can post them........please show me an easy way?

I keep getting this message when trying to post pictures on this site.

Optimized-Pacific Coastal and Alaska Cruise 739.JPG:

The Dimension limits for this filetype are 620 x 280. We were unable to resize your file so you will need to do so manually and upload it again. Your file is currently 640 x 480.

Jimbo:)

How do I make my pictures smaller so I can post them........please show me an easy way?

I keep getting this message when trying to post pictures on this site.

Optimized-Pacific Coastal and Alaska Cruise 739.JPG:

The Dimension limits for this filetype are 620 x 280. We were unable to resize your file so you will need to do so manually and upload it again. Your file is currently 640 x 480.

Post via phone app, it resizes automatically.

5624f10b00c3615ea5eed1e298048ae8.jpg

43f78647643fa35c3c364d3c629f2ece.jpg

e32fffda827c1fa224aeeac9e4dc7afd.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Guess I don't know what that is

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

I believe you are using the mobile app now. When you go to post, click on the mountain icon, not the paper clip. You don't want to add the picture as an attachment. That is what the paper clip does.

The thing is I took the picture off my computer and sent an email to myself. I sent it via an attachment from my computer to my phone.

I then opened it up on my phone. When I click the mountain thing on cruise critic the picture does not show up in the picture gallery on my phone. I only see the picture I sent to my phone when I click the paper clip in my phone picture gallery. So it still sent it as an attachment to cruisecritic and it's still to large.

I know nothing about phone apps but Is there some reason you dont post it straight from your computer? via photobucket.

The limit on size in CC makes it so that your picture is so small and of such low quality its a waste of time.

Edited by Aulanis

The thing is I took the picture off my computer and sent an email to myself. I sent it via an attachment from my computer to my phone.

I then opened it up on my phone. When I click the mountain thing on cruise critic the picture does not show up in the picture gallery on my phone. I only see the picture I sent to my phone when I click the paper clip in my phone picture gallery. So it still sent it as an attachment to cruisecritic and it's still to large.

Save it to your phone then grab it from gallery

I know nothing about phone apps but Is there some reason you dont post it straight from your computer? via photobucket.

The limit on size in CC makes it so that your picture is so small and of such low quality its a waste of time.

That method is fine, I use shutterfly, but posting via phone app is much quicker in most instances

So far only way I was able to save a picture was with my wife texting me a picture from her phone to my phone..........I was then able to hold my finger on the picture and save it to my picture gallery.

Still can't seem to save a picture emailed to me to my phone's picture gallery. So I'm still pretty much having the same issue as before.

If it is an iphone then this?

How to Save Photos from Text Messages on iPhone

Open the text conversation with the image in the Messages app.

Locate the image you want to save.

Tap and hold the image until options appear.

Tap Save. Your image will save to your gallery.

If it is an iphone then this?

How to Save Photos from Text Messages on iPhone

Open the text conversation with the image in the Messages app.

Locate the image you want to save.

Tap and hold the image until options appear.

Tap Save. Your image will save to your gallery.

On an android, tap the picture, 3 dots should appear in the upper right, tap that and Save should appear. I don't seem to be able to control where they save to, they go to my main picture gallery. probably a setting for that

I'm a victim of the Photobucket change that prevents hosting photos there for viewing here on CC. I created a Shutterfly account but can't get photos to appear here when wrapping the shared link in img tags. How do others use Shutterfly to host their CC photos?

Hi - I dont use shutterfly - yet! oddly my pictures on this site are still showing???? Maybe next time I log into PB that will change.

I guess a lot of people will be asking this over the next few weeks - this thread makes it look TOOOOO easy

but will be great if it works. Let me know :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1714741

EDIT - Also the pics in the later posts on that guide are held at PBucket and they are still ok

Perhaps I should say that I have not paid the $399

Also perhaps have a play on the TEST forum before you go live.

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=225

Edited by Aulanis

Hi - I dont use shutterfly - yet! oddly my pictures on this site are still showing???? Maybe next time I log into PB that will change.

I guess a lot of people will be asking this over the next few weeks - this thread makes it look TOOOOO easy

EDIT - Also the pics in the later posts on that guide are held at PBucket and they are still ok

The stinking Photobucket web site is not even working this morning. Had the same problems yesterday, cannot even view my photos there.

Looks like Shutterfly will be my main site for photos.

I used to use Tiny Pic, but had issues with virus attacking my PC and it happened when I was posting a picture.

I now use Google to store and link photos.

However I find the Cruise Critic Forums app very user friendly, when attaching photos directly from my iPhone or iPad.

Although I did take my camera on my last cruise, I rarely used it.

I used to use Tiny Pic, but had issues with virus attacking my PC and it happened when I was posting a picture.

I now use Google to store and link photos.

However I find the Cruise Critic Forums app very user friendly, when attaching photos directly from my iPhone or iPad.

Although I did take my camera on my last cruise, I rarely used it.

Camera's are still a good idea. Took this on the beach waiting for satellite launch. I use an EyeFi card to transfer the image automatically to my phone.

3a6527ed09f0dcad7718c9c52f02a1c9.jpg

On an android, tap the picture, 3 dots should appear in the upper right, tap that and Save should appear. I don't seem to be able to control where they save to, they go to my main picture gallery. probably a setting for that

When I hit the picture on my Samsung S5 only thing that comes up on the screen when I hit those 3 dots is " SET AS "....and I have no idea what that is.