Can same person be listed in 2 rooms?

Hi and hope this makes sense!

My husband and I have booked a cruise for later this year. My son decided he would like to come so during a recent sale I booked him in an interior cabin for a great price. However, as he is only 20 years old, I needed to put someone over 21 in with him so I have added my husband's name to his room as well. I don't want to re-price for a solo cruise as it is about $600 more expensive. There is a small chance someone else may go with him, but it is more likely that he will end up in there by himself. My other option is to ask someone I know if I could add their name to the booking but they would be a no show. However everyone I would ask that question of is already going anyway. So my question is - is it an issue if we turn up to board with my husband having two bookings?

Any and all help much appreciated!

Sounds like a non durable situation. You can put him name on the cabin but he has to pay the fare for that basin. Now he is also it your cabin. He will also be on 2 sea pass cards. Sounds like the situation won't fly[emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thx for your replies. Yes, my husband will be paid for in both cabins.

Wouldn't it be more cost effective to get a cabin for three?

Thx for your replies. Yes, my husband will be paid for in both cabins.

I would not put your husband's name on both staterooms. I'd put some other name on the booking with your son.

Hi and hope this makes sense!

My husband and I have booked a cruise for later this year. My son decided he would like to come so during a recent sale I booked him in an interior cabin for a great price. However, as he is only 20 years old, I needed to put someone over 21 in with him so I have added my husband's name to his room as well. I don't want to re-price for a solo cruise as it is about $600 more expensive. There is a small chance someone else may go with him, but it is more likely that he will end up in there by himself. My other option is to ask someone I know if I could add their name to the booking but they would be a no show. However everyone I would ask that question of is already going anyway. So my question is - is it an issue if we turn up to board with my husband having two bookings?

Any and all help much appreciated!

I noticed that you are from Australia and your last couple cruises were from Australia. If on this cruise you are sailing from Australia, or anywhere other than North America then the age to sail alone is 18. It is only 21 for sailings from North America.

We booked our next cruise on board and somehow my husband was listed in both cabins. I only stayed for deciding on ship/sail date part of the process as I had made plans to meet up with our kids. I noticed it right away and wondered how their system would even allow it. I changed it once home but not sure when it would have ever been caught on their end. Maybe online check in?

We booked our next cruise on board and somehow my husband was listed in both cabins. I only stayed for deciding on ship/sail date part of the process as I had made plans to meet up with our kids. I noticed it right away and wondered how their system would even allow it. I changed it once home but not sure when it would have ever been caught on their end. Maybe online check in?

The same thing happened to us with one of our cruises that was booked on board.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

There is no issue with him being over 18 in Australia and having his own room, but I assume because of the US rules we are unable to book online here for anyone between 18-21. Have to call to book, which I was unable to do at the time. Hence adding my husband.

I guess I was thinking/hoping that it wouldn't be an issue since 4 fares were legitimately being paid for the 2 cabins, but I think now that I should call and check. Just hope they don't re-price at the higher rate!

Thanks again.

I see what you trying to do... the final results can go different directions that some may give you headache at the time of boarding... The meaning of vacations is to have the best time of your life worry free of anything... I would suggest to add other person over 21 in the room that later you can change the name if you find anyone to cruise with your son or simple no show... having your husband name in both cabin what will create is a double booking and they will do all their best to contact you to resolve the issue or flag your booking and you will have to visit the pier coordinator in the terminal to sort it out.

I don't want to re-price for a solo cruise as it is about $600 more expensive.

When you call back, check this - that doesn't sound right. Put DH in the cabin as solo to gain double points, but put son in the cabin when you board.

I'm assuming the increase for him being a solo has to do with the fare going up since you booked it during a sale, because whether you pay for single or double, you're paying for 2 people anyway.

I would do as Bob suggested and, if you are okay with paying two fares, change out your husband's name with someone else, and have them be a no-show. You'll pay for 2 fares, but only 1 set of taxes. That way, you don't have a re-price at current rates, which sound like they are much higher than when you booked originally. Hopefully, changing out one name doesn't trigger something where you book (I know other countries have different rules and things are affected differently than here in the US).

When you call back, check this - that doesn't sound right. Put DH in the cabin as solo to gain double points, but put son in the cabin when you board.

Just an FYI, put spouse with highest individual c&a points in a cabin to get double points. I did a cruise in a js and the points only affected my account because I had fewer points than wifey.

Thanks everyone so much for your advice. Points aren't an issue for us as we are in a suite anyway.

Update. Spoke to RCI this morning. They said it may be an issue when we board. I had 2 options. Put someone else's name down and pay $50 name change or just over $100 for my son to be listed as the only passenger. I opted for him to be by himself for the sake of being organised and no issues when we board. I assume that means he will get double points anyway.

As an interesting aside, we are still within the cancellation period with full deposit returned but he has been allocated his guaranteed inside room already. Cruise is in December. He has a virtual balcony which I'm sure he will be happy with. The irony is that he has ended up only one door down across the corridor from us!

Anyway, all sorted. It would have been handy if they could make the online booking system work for the 18-21s in countries where that isn't an issue and I would have just put him in by himself in the first place.

Thanks again. Have a good weekend everyone! :)