4 person room Fantasy Class

We are planning on doing the Southern Caribbean out of San Juan next year. My MIL will be joining us so this is the first time we will have 4 in a room. We are paying for her so a 2nd room isn't an option right now. Would be we better off in an interior with 2 upper Pullmans or an OV with 1 upper and 1 trundle bed? My concern with the trundle is it taking up all the floor space and blocking the path to the bathroom during the night. If we have 2 uppers DH and I will each be on one. If we have a trundle DS will be sleeping on it. Thoughts/ Experience?

All I can say is more power to you...this would not work for our family at all. I hope you get your answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Haha I get you. Only reason I've agreed to it it because it's 6 islands in 6 days so no sea day. We'll be out all day long. It's really just for sleeping.

We are planning on doing the Southern Caribbean out of San Juan next year. My MIL will be joining us so this is the first time we will have 4 in a room. We are paying for her so a 2nd room isn't an option right now. Would be we better off in an interior with 2 upper Pullmans or an OV with 1 upper and 1 trundle bed? My concern with the trundle is it taking up all the floor space and blocking the path to the bathroom during the night. If we have 2 uppers DH and I will each be on one. If we have a trundle DS will be sleeping on it. Thoughts/ Experience?

We just sailed on the Ecstasy and had 4 people in a room. For me it is not a big deal at all. Definitely worth saving the extra money. As long as you have 2 people who can climb up to sleep on the upper Pullmans you should be OK. I have done a trundle before and it was able to be placed under the bed when not in use. Not sure if that is for all trundles though. Have a great time. We took the Fascination out of San Juan in March and I think it was my favorite cruise yet!!

Donna

If this is your only choice then would probably do the 2 uppers and make sure they are closed and up during the day, keep the 2 twin beds at an 'L' angle for more floor space and walking through to bathroom. Make sure at least 2 of you use the gym locker rooms (easy for the boys especially) for showers and getting dressed as 4 people in 1 cabin with only 1 bathroom is going to be tight.

This would not work for us (there are only 3 of us) and I commend you for even trying. Keep the room pickup (clothes, shoes and such), use extra containers to hold things per person in the bathroom and again, use the showers and dressing rooms in the gym or spa areas to make getting ready less stressful.

We just sailed on the Ecstasy and had 4 people in a room. For me it is not a big deal at all. Definitely worth saving the extra money. As long as you have 2 people who can climb up to sleep on the upper Pullmans you should be OK. I have done a trundle before and it was able to be placed under the bed when not in use. Not sure if that is for all trundles though. Have a great time. We took the Fascination out of San Juan in March and I think it was my favorite cruise yet!!

Donna

We use to do it all the time to save cash. Like above no big deal

OV and IS are the same on the Fantasy Class ships.

Random quad cabin thoughts -

For lots of room it's best to have the the lower beds apart, one under the window and the other along a wall. See post 12 for photo.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2531002

Luggage goes under the bed, can be used as extra drawers.

There are hooks next to the bunks. We hang a pocket holder (bring a bit of rope). The upper pockets become the bunk's nightstand.

The trundle is ok for those under 4'6". There is an extender or you could see if there are any rollaways available. Rollaways are bed height, trundles are low to the ground.

Share what can be shared. Only Bathroom 'duties' are done in there. Primping is done outside.

Double and triple up on hangars. Bring a few from home.

Biggest issue for us has been electrical. There will be one 110v American outlet and one 220v (Euro pin or British). We bring an extension cord for the 110 ( the kind that has three outlets) and a plug adapter. Many appliances these days are dual voltage.

We always sailed with 4 in the cabin. Myself, my husband and 2 teenage sons. Things were tight but no problems.

Our upcoming cruise we have 2 connecting cabins. I was surprised at the price. 2 cabins for 2, was almost the same price as 1 cabin for 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums