Hampton Inn, Elizabeth, NJ, Nov. 2016

Hello,

I have reservations for this hotel in Nov: Hampton Inn, Elizabeth, NJ. One of us is taking train to EWR and the other is flying to EWR. Only need one night for hotel. Please give your opinion/input as to its: cleanliness, location, safety, what is around it, and where to eat lunch, dinner; also transportation to Cape Liberty.

If it is not a "good' place to stay, please give recommendation as to where else to stay.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Marie

Hello,

I have reservations for this hotel in Nov: Hampton Inn, Elizabeth, NJ. One of us is taking train to EWR and the other is flying to EWR. Only need one night for hotel. Please give your opinion/input as to its: cleanliness, location, safety, what is around it, and where to eat lunch, dinner; also transportation to Cape Liberty.

If it is not a "good' place to stay, please give recommendation as to where else to stay.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Marie

I'm not keen on the Hampton Inn location at EWR because there is nothing around it at - no services or restaurants and no place to walk. It's also located on routes 1&9, which tend to have truck traffic. It does offer free breakfast.

I would be looking at the hotels on International Blvd (new name for Glimcher Realty Way) - Country Inns, Marriott Courtyard, Embassy Suites, and Residence Inn. These hotels are next to the Jersey Gardens Mall and offer walkable "fine" dining such as Ruby Tuesdays, IHOP, Applebee's, Johnny Rockets, and the mall food court.

Thank you, Carol, for your response. I will decide what to do, but is it a safe location at Hampton Inn, and clean??

Thank you again in advance,

Marie

The reviews are good, but....bottom line you can't walk anywhere at all and there is no dinner food, so you'd have to cab it to a restaurant or order take out. Without a car you're literally stranded in the hotel.

The reviews are good, but....bottom line you can't walk anywhere at all and there is no dinner food, so you'd have to cab it to a restaurant or order take out. Without a car you're literally stranded in the hotel.

Carol,

As always, thank you for your input/help.

Marie :)

NewJersey222