Island Princess - Suite Question

Raceyfool

We are sailing on the Island soon and have booked one of the suites aft on the Promenade deck. Has anyone previously sailed in these cabins? Your thoughts would be much appreciated! Thank you in advance!!

They are new for this year . Check review of European cruises for summer 2015.

Can you tell me anything about the layout?

Five weeks on the ship and little sleep, so many ports and excursions that I can hardly remember anything.

I wish you would have posted 24 hours earlier and I would have taken some pictures. As I said, I just wanted to see the layout since it looked so large and didn't realize that was because of being handicapped. Other than one WS on several ships, I don't believe there are any other suite ones. Nice they finally added some. They also added eight or so balcony handicapped ones on that deck. I believe deck eight also has some nice sized ones.

I just ran in and walked to the balcony and back out. All the suites are pretty much the same - switched things around a little. Terrible uncomfortable love seat - not the sofas anymore. All I remember was that it was larger than our suite on Aloha (corner one). Lots of space to get a wheelchair or even a scooter around. Bathroom was huge. Can't remember if it had one or two side chairs. We had one but other cabins had two plus a small side table beside the coffee table. There is a desk chair at each desk.

They cut back on the outlets. Two on the main desk but they are so close that you can only put one charger in at a time. There is also one at the desk in the bedroom areas. Luckily we had an extension cord along that had three extra plugs.

Are you light sleepers? They still haven't fixed the vibration issue and our cabin was terrible. We were told there were a number of engineers on the ship working on the problem. I know people have said they were in a friend's suite for a sailaway and felt nothing. It usually started in the evenings and was worse the faster the ship was going. I know some people can sleep through anything and it probably wouldn't bother them. Many people were given upsells to these suites and thought some of it was from being in an aft cabin for the first time. I walked around many nights and found that as I walked out of our cabin to the middle of the ship, it wasn't as bad and then it got worse as I got to the other side so I think some of the people in the middle on the stern didn't have the problem as bad - corner ones were the worst. We had several days of rough seas and the rolling is different then the vibration. Besides that, we also had a intermittent pounding that drove us nuts and everything in the cabin creaked and rattled throughout the night. We did notice that it was mainly at night and when the ship's speed was faster.

Sorry to bring that up but we will never sail on her again because of all the issues with the added cabins and extra people. MDR waits were terrible and service very slow.

I do hope your experience will be better. Sorry I can't help you more with the layout.