Jr. Chef Program Sign up

Juliayn

When we went a few years back it was shockwaves group only. There was one event. There were only 10 spots, first come first served and signup was 2nd or 3rd day of the cruise. It was about $20.

An adult had to accompany the child for for the whole time. It was 2 hours. They assembled a pre baked cake and decorated it with icing and candy in one of the kitchens. Closed toe shoes required, long pants, no shorts.

On our cruise they were allowed to eat as much as they could after but we could not take it away. Other CC posters have reported that they could take it to the cabin after so I guess it depends on which way the wind is blowing.:D

I know I need to do this once on board but where/how do I sign up? Is it through dining or kids club? Do I need to do it in person or can I call from my room? TIA!

Just got off the Crown Mexican cruise and our daughter (in Shockwave ages 8-12) participated. It was offered on the first day when we went over to introduce her to staff. It's a $25 charge and you can have the decorated cake delivered to cabin or your dining table.

Day of we showed up at kids club where they were hatted and apron'ed before traversing to the galley. Passersby enjoyed seeing 15 junior chefs walking around the ship to and fro.

Kids were shown step-by-step instruction by the pastry chef and then off they go to create their masterpieces. I took pictures during the entire process.

A photographer took a shot with each child and chef, and a group shot. Those are given to you FREE in a few days from the kids club. Wished they had something like this for adults...

Just got off the Crown Mexican cruise and our daughter (in Shockwave ages 8-12) participated. It was offered on the first day when we went over to introduce her to staff. It's a $25 charge and you can have the decorated cake delivered to cabin or your dining table.

Day of we showed up at kids club where they were hatted and apron'ed before traversing to the galley. Passersby enjoyed seeing 15 junior chefs walking around the ship to and fro.

Kids were shown step-by-step instruction by the pastry chef and then off they go to create their masterpieces. I took pictures during the entire process.

A photographer took a shot with each child and chef, and a group shot. Those are given to you FREE in a few days from the kids club. Wished they had something like this for adults...

I sooooo hope they do this on our Xmas cruise next month!! I have two boys that love to cook and they'd have a blast working with a real pastry chef.