thinking about royal princess

phil2

we have cruised p and o ventura and 2 royal caribbean ships which were our favourite, we are two guys in our early twenties and my question is what would the royal princess be like for a 10 night cruise, we have cruised the caribbean before and love it and theres a good itinerary the ship is doing next year and we are torn, we love RCI but they arnt doing any good itineraries so now looking at either princess, celebrity or p and o, is there plenty going on, a main area where you find all the shops restraunts and bars? whats the average age onboard? The ship does look good im sure i read some negative reviews though but on youtube the videos onboard it looks amazing.any helps and tips would be good :D

we have cruised p and o ventura and 2 royal caribbean ships which were our favourite, we are two guys in our early twenties and my question is what would the royal princess be like for a 10 night cruise, we have cruised the caribbean before and love it and theres a good itinerary the ship is doing next year and we are torn, we love RCI but they arnt doing any good itineraries so now looking at either princess, celebrity or p and o, is there plenty going on, a main area where you find all the shops restraunts and bars? whats the average age onboard? The ship does look good im sure i read some negative reviews though but on youtube the videos onboard it looks amazing.any helps and tips would be good :D

I was on the Royal for 20 days this year and going back for 20 more in 2016 I like the ship. You may be to young for this ship??

Tony

We love Princess ships. I am closing in on 50 but feel I fit in well, at my current age, or even 25 years ago. As long as you are not taking the cruise with hopes to "hook up" with someone your own age, you should be fine. Here are some perks of being on the younger side

1. Pools are often not crowded

2. Late night disco's are not full of drunk kids...room on the dance floor without being elbowed.

3. Join in with those older for a more well rounded team for trivia.

Whatever you choose....have fun!!

Just curious - is it the 10 day Nov. 6th that includes Bonaire?

I have been booked on it for awhile and pricing has not fallen since I booked.

I am in my late 20s and have tons of fun on Princess, but I'm not looking for a party atmosphere when I travel.

If you like the itinerary, go for it! I think you will find plenty of things to do on board the ship, even if Princess does cater to a slightly older crowd than RCI. You won't find rock climbing walls or surfing pools and the like, but you will find other stuff to do, or perhaps you just want to relax by the pool and read or play cards or something. Enjoy it!

I was on the Royal Princess for 20 days in October. I really enjoyed my cruise. Beautiful ship and a lot of activities. I usually take longer cruises which normally means older passengers, but I actually saw a lot more younger people than I normally see on a Princess cruise. You can never predict demographics from cruise to cruise, but the passengers were younger than expected on my cruises. Great crew, too.