"No Shorts" in dining room being enforced on CB

sonomaphil

Heads up for anyone on the CB. Just back yesterday from the 7 night Western Carib and no shorts in the dining room for men is being enforced.

We encountered a couple on the elevator, both in shorts, and they said they were turned away. My wife was worried an she had a nice pair of Capri type shorts on. I told here not to worry as I bet it's for men only. We parked at Vines and in a few minutes saw a couple with the man in shorts heading to the dining room. I stealthily followed to see what transpired and sure enough the men were told to put on long pants or head to the buffet. No issues for women as we went right in later in the evening.

Not an issue for me as I would always were long pants to the dining room but this may surprise some.

Heads up for anyone on the CB. Just back yesterday from the 7 night Western Carib and no shorts in the dining room for men is being enforced.

We encountered a couple on the elevator, both in shorts, and they said they were turned away. My wife was worried an she had a nice pair of Capri type shorts on. I told here not to worry as I bet it's for men only. We parked at Vines and in a few minutes saw a couple with the man in shorts heading to the dining room. I stealthily followed to see what transpired and sure enough the men were told to put on long pants or head to the buffet. No issues for women as we went right in later in the evening.

Not an issue for me as I would always were long pants to the dining room but this may surprise some.

As it should be. Same story on Regal earlier this month.

It's clear in the guidelines. Except for the first night, and a few the last night, we have seen no shorts on men or women.

Capris are not shorts. So those definitely are popular on warm weather itineraries.

Until all cruise lines have the same guidelines and enforcement ( which is never) there will always be cruisers willing to TRY. They can always claim ignorance, heh?

Edited by eandj

Capris are below the knees which makes a difference. :)

Feel sure the no shorts thing in the MDR was only for dinner -- not for breakfast & lunch.

Except for the first night (due to late luggage), I've never seen people wearing shorts to the MDR for dinner on any Princess ships we've taken.

LuLu

Just for my info' date=' is this at dinner only?[/quote']

Breakfast and lunch allows shorts. In fact at lunch you'll see a handful show up in swim suits with cover up dresses. I have seen a few men with long swim trunks with tshirts. They haven't been turned away, because I guess they were dry and short like. ( not speedos :eek:)

Capris are below the knees which makes a difference. :)

Feel sure the no shorts thing in the MDR was only for dinner -- not for breakfast & lunch.

Except for the first night (due to late luggage), I've never seen people wearing shorts to the MDR for dinner on any Princess ships we've taken.

LuLu

Not that I care one way or the other but I'd bet that if a man showed up in the same exact pair of Capri's he would be turned away.

The women should be held to the same rules.

Not that I care one way or the other but I'd bet that if a man showed up in the same exact pair of Capri's he would be turned away.

The women should be held to the same rules.

If a man turned up in ladies' capris, I'd like to be there to see him. :D Maybe the color would make a difference?

It's clear in the guidelines. Except for the first night, and a few the last night, we have seen no shorts on men or women.

Capris are not shorts. So those definitely are popular on warm weather itineraries.

Until all cruise lines have the same guidelines and enforcement ( which is never) there will always be cruisers willing to TRY. They can always claim ignorance, heh?

Actually, they can't claim ignorance. The dress code is explicitly stated in the Cruise Contract which all who purchase a cruise from Princess agree to.

...VTX-Al

[/color]

Actually, they can't claim ignorance. The dress code is explicitly stated in the Cruise Contract which all who purchase a cruise from Princess agree to.

...VTX-Al

OOOPS - I goofed :o :o - :eek: dress code is not stated in the contract, but is stated on the Princess website. Sorry 'bout that.

...VTX-Al